GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed on new Linksys EA7500

Senior Contributor

Re: Slow speed on new Linksys EA7500

Hi, your tech's will come tomorrow to take a look. Will update then.
Community Manager

Sure, keep us posted! Thank you.

Trusted Commentator

Do share what solution they provide you tomorrow if you can. Mine is still not resolved as in other thread. Thanks a lot
Senior Contributor

Will do. Did they come down to check on yours before?
Trusted Commentator

No I didn't ask them to because I think it isn't hardware related and can be solved by tweaking the settings or even firmware. Minor problem I can live with but it's starting to get annoying.
Senior Commentator

A friend of mine got this solution from the Linksys helpdesk. The drop
speed problem will disappear if you disable IPv6, which is enabled by
default on the router. I tried it and it works. But there's a downside. My
wireless printer, which is on the 2.4GHz band, won't print if a print job
is sent to it over a device connected to the 5GHz. No one from Linksys has
been able to solve this problem for me. I didn't have this problem on my 2
year old DLink from Starhub.
Esteemed Commentator

My suggestion to all users using Linksys EA7500...........DITCH IT! Stick to DLINK or ASUS brands. So far all my wireless routers have been either these 2 brands only. Whatever Starhub gave me, I either sell it or give to my relatives. The current best and most reliable with great coverage and speed would be DLink DIR-885L (AC 3150). Yes you have to pay a bit more but once you have Fibre 1Gbps speed, you will need a wireless router like this to enjoy your full wireless speed.

Their best router so far was DLink 868L and after that is was downhill all the way for StarHub as they were unable to find a affordable models and gave really crap low end wireless routers such as DLink 850L (YES THIS IS A REALLY CRAP MODEL eventhough it's DLink as this is a low end model).

Those who want to enjoy super speed without any interruption, this is one model which is the pricing have drop to around SGD$280-300. (Use to be $479). Users whom own components which uses 5Ghz band will enjoy very much it's speed as it's one of the fastest band in the market at a blazing speed of 2,167Mbps
http://www.dlink.com/ba/hr/products/dir-885l-ac3150-mumimo-ultra-wifi-router

I m not here to troll or promote DLink (I don't work for DLink at all) but just sharing to you all what you can do to solve your network issues. Why pay so much every month but suffer with low end wireless routers. My iPhone I am getting speed of an average of 500Mbps for both DL & UL.

Grand Guru

The suggestion as mentioned by  @ danlovesgem  is basically for recontract purpose.

For recontract and if current routers are stable and not having connection issue, then leave it as it is.

As recontract do not make any difference in which change of router is needed.

ISP do not do any changes in your connection in any way.

New router can be added as Access Point as this will not affect the main connection to ONT & ISP.

Most customers do sell away new routers as it fetch better resale value.

Some do experience when change to new router, there is connection problem.

But when revert back to existing router, there is no problem.

That is to say once the router is fixed and if no problem exist, leave it as it is.

Should you want to rotate routers, there would be possible problems in connection.

This is what i had found out, which i need to take several steps to rectify the problem.

One main issue is most routers do retain IP address which is push from ISP to ONT to Router.

Replace another router, the conflict is having multiple IP address, as tech support checked on mine connection at their end.

Although this is a simple solution as they have to refresh my connection in order to have another IP.

But there are others unknown problems which may not be easy to resolve.

i am not starhub staff.

Senior Contributor

@Sleepy wrote:
A friend of mine got this solution from the Linksys helpdesk. The drop
speed problem will disappear if you disable IPv6, which is enabled by
default on the router. I tried it and it works. But there's a downside. My
wireless printer, which is on the 2.4GHz band, won't print if a print job
is sent to it over a device connected to the 5GHz. No one from Linksys has
been able to solve this problem for me. I didn't have this problem on my 2
year old DLink from Starhub.

tried disabling IPv6. The speed improved but the dropped internet connectio is still there. 

Senior Contributor

@smallspiderpig wrote:
Do share what solution they provide you tomorrow if you can. Mine is still not resolved as in other thread. Thanks a lot

its a problem with the router. SH says I have to call Linksys to resolve since its not thier equipment. (no suprises there).. I haven't called Linksys because they'll probably expect me to sit beside the router and go through the standard troubleshooting tips before escalating to another tech who'll ask the same questions and escalate to another and so on and so forth.. I've been in this situation before. I might just bite the bullet and get a new router instead. Lesson learnt, next upgrade will not use SH provided router..haha