Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection on EA7500

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Slow connection on EA7500

Recently upgraded to the Linksys EA7500. Connection and wifi are much faster than previous dlink and are stable most of the times except occasional buffering on video streamings, whatsapp messages (images) etc throughout the day. Did some tests and there's random packet losses.

A restart of router with new IP assigned to my smart TV would resolve the video buffering issue, for example. But it's happening daily. 

Any idea what can be done? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Senior Contributor
Solution

Re: Slow connection on EA7500

Having the same issue. Did you get this resolved?

8 REPLIES 8
Grand Guru

Hi,

Do check your smart tv settings.

As not sure your smart tv model maybe you could Google to see if there are solution to your problem.

Or any latest firmware update would resolve the issue.

I am not Starhub staff.

Trusted Commentator

It's not my tv issue. No problems for the last 2 years with the older dlink on all the same devices.

After changing to the EA7500, wifi speed improved a lot obviously, but with the problems I mentioned.

All of the 5 phones connected to wifi also have random slow connections. YouTube WhatsApp etc. It goes on and off. Doing speed tests do not help.

Updated to latest firmware, rebooted many times. Tried using Google DNS on my devices.

Anyone with similar problem how should I configure the router?
Grand Guru

Sorry to have misunderstood your post.

It seem that you are not the only one having this issue.

Refer to the 1st link on the bottom for more info.

You can PM forum staff to assist you.

Alternately you can contact 1633 directly to Broadband tech support line, not cs.

If possible do it when you encountered the issue.

Explain to them on you having connection issue.

They can check your connection at their end.

I am not Starhub staff.

Senior Contributor
Solution

Having the same issue. Did you get this resolved?

Trusted Commentator

Not resolved. For video buffering I always have to restart router. Happens daily.
Senior Contributor

Same here. It's usually on my S8. So far no issues with the laptops. I have to switch airplane mode on and off.
Community Manager

Hi Shaiful, I've replied to you here

Hi smallspiderpig, please send me a private massage with your name, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you

Senior Contributor

It's been 5 days since SH tech came to resolve my issue. So far internet lost once. But recovered a few seconds later. They set the channel selection to manual from automatic.