GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up two routers

Valued Commentator

Setting up two routers

I have one Linksys EA7500 router, and have intention of getting another EA7500 router so that my 5 room HDB will not have dead spot.

My house configuration is as such living rm->room1->room2->master rm. so previously my router is placed in living room and my master room will have dead spot. I intend to get another router so that the first router will be in utlitity box and hopefully can cover the living room and room 1, while my router 2 placed in master room to cover up to room 2.

Can anyone share in detail how to perform the setup with Linksys router?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Re: Setting up two routers

Hi,

You can use any routers to add to your current set up.

For adding another Linksys router > Setting up your Linksys EA7500 to Bridge Mode

There is a YouTube video on this set up > Access Point Mode on Linksys Wifi router

Please note that the above set up is wired between both routers via data points.

i am not starhub staff.

Valued Commentator

Any expert can share what is difference between bridge mode and lan to lan connection?
Grand Guru

@dragooneq88 wrote:
Any expert can share what is difference between bridge mode and lan to lan connection?

Please refer to this link;

> Differences between LAN to LAN and LAN to WAN

Summary.

*LAN-to-LAN - Extends your Wi-Fi range to include the second router. You can also use a LAN-to-LAN connection to share files between network-connected computers, phones, and so on.

*LAN-to-WAN - Creates a second network inside of the main network, allowing you to place restrictions on any computers, phones, or other items that are connected to it. LAN-to-WAN networks cannot be used to share files.

Regards.