GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub voice over cable NOT WORKING for the past a few days ? (Motorola Cable Modem SBV 5120)

Senior Contributor

Starhub voice over cable NOT WORKING for the past a few days ? (Motorola Cable Modem SBV 5120)

Hi, I have been using Starhub broadband for many years, using the free voice over cable, had no problems. But in the past a few days the phone line was not working, sometimes no dial tone at all. 

I turn off/on the Motorola modem a few times, still could not get it working. In the past when I had some problems with my phone line, turn off/on the modem would fix the problem. But not this time. The green LED lights seems normal. The unit is rather old, probably 5- 6 years, wonder if the problems were caused by Starhub's changes of the cable modem system?

Wonder if others have similar problems? Would like to know any suggestions from Starhub supporting teams.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Starhub voice over cable NOT WORKING for the past a few days ? (Motorola Cable Modem SBV 5120)

Hi @ David44

Have you restarted your modem or tried to replace/tighten your cable for the phone to the modem?

Send me your NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and e-mail via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Starhub voice over cable NOT WORKING for the past a few days ? (Motorola Cable Modem SBV 5120)

Sorry, my IC: [removed for privacy]