Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Alert

SOLVED
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Scam Alert

Hey guys

Just received a Viber Call in the name of "Starhub Company".The number was from +92 308 9475417. A guy on the other line said that he was calling from Starhub Company Singapore. He said that i had won a prize money of $50 000. 

Well i played along with him.

He wanted me to show him my atm card or Master or Visa card so he can transfer the amount to my account. He asked me to turn on the video so he can "scan" my card. I told him to wait while i transfer his call to the Singapore Police Force. He hunged up and blocked me. 

Beware guys...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Scam Alert

Hi Hawa, thanks for notifying. This is indeed not from StarHub. Our security team is notified, a report to Viber has been made as well. Have a great weekend! - Simon

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Solution

Hi Hawa, thanks for notifying. This is indeed not from StarHub. Our security team is notified, a report to Viber has been made as well. Have a great weekend! - Simon

New Commentator

I received this call just now and he I'm wondering why Starhub SG is calling on Viber. He pointed me on ChangiMillionaire2019 and I am able to win $50,000 with 10% co-shared (sounds good) but when he ask me to on my video then I got suspicious already. I told him send me the details and I need to verify this from Starhub but I know that this is a scam already.. BE ALERT! [+1 (902) 200-7736]

Community Manager

Hi marky69, we wish to confirm that this Viber call is not from StarHub. Please do not disclose any personal details to callers from unknown origins. Thank you.