GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there white pages available on the internet for StarHub client or for Singapore ?

SOLVED
Senior Commentator

Is there white pages available on the internet for StarHub client or for Singapore ?

Hello,

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veteran
Solution

Re: Is there white pages available on the internet for StarHub client or for Singapore ?

@jacquesg

We used to be able to check residential numbers from the "Yellow Pages" book. But from some time ago, telcos are not allowed to publish home numbers in public phone directories without permission due to the Personal Data Protection Act. So if there's really a need, as what  @LyT  has mentioned, you can try dialling 100 for directory assistance.

9 REPLIES 9
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Is there white pages available on the internet for StarHub client or for Singapore ?

What sort of white pages are you referring to?
Respected Advocate

What's the meaning of white pages? 

Senior Commentator

I mean a phone directory for residential lines in Singapore where I can find a phone number from a last name.

Alumni (Retired)

that is so yesterday and so dangerous. I won't want anyone to be able to search for my number online and do cold calls.

Grand Guru

For mobile line numbers, there is none.

As some mobile line numbers are re-cycle.

And some mobile customer change their mobile numbers.

Highlighted
LyT
BFF

I've lost count on the number of cold callers I've yelled at in the last years when they disrupt my dinner at home asking me if I was looking to sell my house. 

I'm so glad that authorities have made it non-mandatory for Telcos to provide a residential phone directory. 

Honestly, I'm not sure why a French national like yourself would need access to our local phone directory unless you're looking for a long lost friend from Singapore. If that's the case, get someone you know in Singapore to dial directory assistance (100) to search on your behalf. 

Veteran
Solution

@jacquesg

We used to be able to check residential numbers from the "Yellow Pages" book. But from some time ago, telcos are not allowed to publish home numbers in public phone directories without permission due to the Personal Data Protection Act. So if there's really a need, as what  @LyT  has mentioned, you can try dialling 100 for directory assistance.

Senior Commentator

Thank you for the information, it is to retrieve a business contact (not to bulk call singapore directory Smiley Wink).

Alumni (Retired)

ask around then