GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for Global sms message I didn't send and poor customer service.

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Charge for Global sms message I didn't send and poor customer service.

I have to start saying that I am so disappointed with starhub service.

I requested a few times for asking to give me the mobile numbers which is charged for global sms message on last month bill through email and call center.  However, I couldn’t remember I had sent out those global sms.

I called 2 times and emailed 3times. But I could get any reply from starhub so that I visited customer center in Dobhy Ghaut yesterday.

Finally, I could get the numbers for the global sms charged but I don’t remember. It was UK number and I didn’t know that number at all.

So I told her I have never sent those messages by myself but she said somebody could use my phone something like that.

Do you think It makes sense? I live alone and My phone is always locked up with Passcode.

There is no chance other people use my phone to sent a global msg. but the staff said it seems to be sent out druing 29th May , 30th May.

So I have checked my contacts in my iphone and my scheduler and my picture and my whatsapp and other messenger as well to remember what I did that day.

And I could remember what I did. I am 100% sure that my phone was always with me during that days. So I told her, I have never sent that msg and there is no chance other people use my phone without my notice again.

But she kept saying someone could use my phone or I forgot to sent out those msg even though I had sent by myself. I feel like she was making me a liar. Even she suggested me to send a msg to that number to check weather I know someone of that number or not. It charged only $7 something but it is not the matter about the money. I am pretty sure it is some error on your system. I usually sent 1 or 2 global msg by accident to Korea by using imessage. But those are only to Korea. I have nobody who lives in UK. How didn’t I know if I had sent global message almost 50 times to the same number even I didn’t know. 

Anyway I requested her to pay back my charge for global msg and give me the number charged for global sms. She said she will after cheking with her manager and let me know. She had been out of the desk more than 20 min and back. I had to wait 20min doing nothing. And eventually she said she couldn’t do anything for me and she would ask bill department to investigate for my global sms issue and they will call back to me.

So actually, I had to come back with nothing. it was so waste of time. I have to wait starhub's answer again. Even she couldn’t tell me how long it would take to answer.

Why should I pay first for the global sms I didn’t even send? It is not my fault at all.

It is so serious issue to charge for the global sms even I didn’t send by your system’s error. starhub  has to take it seriously. Actually it happened to my bill, and How can I trust your system?

And furthermore, every time I visit starhub customer center, I always feel bad. Not every staff but most of staffs were unfriendliness and defensive and offensive when I complained something or requested something. And I felt like they tried to find my mistake to justify their mistakes or errors. (especially, for yesterday staff who served me.) I am really frustrated for waiting answer and action and service for my issue.  And I am very doubt if I can answer from starhub for my issue soon.

I hope starhub service will change to be better. Otherwise I have no choice but to change mobile company.

37 REPLIES 37
Hub Master

Re: Charge for Global sms message I didn't send and poor customer service.

Hi SJ Youn

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Can you drop me your details via Private Message and let me arrange for further assistance to you? I will see what I can do for you.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

My son's bill is having the same issue, got slapped with a 15 cents global sms charge every month. And Starhub also informed us there is nothing that they can do and they are not able to pinpoint where this global sms is coming from?!

If as a service provider you cannot trace the number nor help us block this sms, who can we look for to help resolve this issue? We do not wish to be charged with something we did not use, month after month. Should I be writing to CASE or MDA before this matter can be resolved?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jasminchua

Is your son using an iPhone? If FaceTime is active, it will automatically send global SMS each time activation is required.
========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is

Valued Commentator

Yes he is using iphone!!

Should I ask him to uninstall the app?

Thank you

Windows™ Phone Expert

Apparently, this is a known bug with Apple's FaceTime. The activation number that the phone tries to contact is in UK, so if the overseas number you're seeing is UK (+44), you may want to disable FaceTime for now.
-----
Windows Phone / 8 Developer | Technical Evangelist | Content Writer at Spiffy.sg | @ReignOfComputer
Valued Commentator

I have the same problem. 5 to 6 global sms in every bill, no numbers. when I called the customer support they are not even aware of this issue. billing department's main job is to collect money so they dont care either. they claimed that I sent global sms without even listening to what I have to say. if I had sent it will reflect with an international dialing code and country name and date. this global sms has no date, no number no code nothing.......

New Commentator

This happen to me on my recent bill with 7 global SMS.  I called and she told me it's SMS to UK and I checked my phone SMS record, there isn't any SMS sent on that day that she told me.

Since this is a known issue since last year why is it still not resolved.  Although it can be waived the first time but how about the next bill?  I tried to see how I can avoid this but she told me she can't do anything to avoid, just hope that I'll not see this on my next bill. 

Valued Commentator

I have the same case and just call starthub about this today.

My bill shows 32 global SMS ($4.80) last month usage and CS starhub just gave responses:

- When ask what is the destination phone number? --> CS answer: We can not track the destination number for your global SMS

- ask about what apps causing this so i can delete --> CS answer: We don't know what apps causing this sending global SMS (maybe Facetime or others apps)

- How we can solve this issue to prefend it happen again, maybe such as max bill for global sms (like Internet data/Roaming)? --> CS answer: We can not block, no max bill for global SMS and We acknowlegde this issue and MDA also knows about this and we can not help you Smiley Sad

So I don't know what apps causing and how to prevent. I am ok to pay $4.80 but what about next month if I receive the Global SMS bill with $100 bill or more?

Really disappointed after be a loyal customer for more than 7 years.   

New Commentator

I also started to get the global SMS and roaming SMS charges since Nov. Called the customer service and they couldn't explain clearly to me what is the problem. End up no choice I deactivated my roaming and also disable the iMessage/Face time. Hopefully won't see those annoying charges again next month!