StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet StarHub Community's top contributors and advocates!

Hub Master

Meet StarHub Community's top contributors and advocates!

StarHub Community All-Stars Program aims to recognize StarHub Community's top contributors and advocates, and the different level of participation that make up our amazing community, both online and offline. 

We are delighted to tell you that we have officially announced the program at SCREAM14(StarHub Community Reunion Event for Advocates and Members) this year. You may find out more about the program here.

The StarHub Community All-Stars Program is based on factors such as community participation, active participation at StarHub Community events, knowledge and expertise displayed, to name a few. 

Check out our StarHub Community Leaderboard here.

Check out our StarHub Community Ranking Structure here.

Meet StarHub Community's top contributors and advocates here!

SuperStars.png

IncTEh                             rsn               ReignOfComputer

IncTEh.jpgrsn.gifReignOfComputer.jpg

rockstars.png

Khai                          Gunz                  Tan

Khai.jpggunz.jpgTan.jpg

Polarbear                Petra74               sfans

Polarbear.jpgpetra74.jpgsfans.jpg

heroes.png

catkool                IAmYukiNg           GraceTan

Catkool.jpgIAmYukiNg.jpgGraceTan.jpg

musicphotolife           limchin

musicphotolife.jpglimchin.jpg

IncTEh.png

WHO AM I:

My name is Dylan. Screen name is IncTEh. I am an undergrad in Nanyang Technological University, currently pursuing BSc (Hons) in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry. I am an IT enthusiast since the age of 5. I love to figure things out and do my own research if there is anything that I don’t understand.

MY STRENGTHS:
I have been reading up and experimenting with mobile phones, computers and networking for quite some time. My friends always approach me for assistance when they face issues with their home networking, their mobile phones and many more. I am the go-to guy when it comes to these stuff. So do approach me if you need any help! Oh yes, you can ask me any chemistry related questions too! I will try my best to answer Smiley Tongue

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Dylan is the Top Community Contributor and is always ready to assist fellow members with their Home Networking problems and making recommendations for handset purchase.  He is our chief advocate, always standing up for StarHub when the brand gets battered for no good reason. He has clocked more than 1500 hours on StarHub Community with 1103 posts, 525 likes received and 46 solutions given to the community.

Return to top

rsn.png

WHO AM I:

My name is Paul. I did my diploma in ECC from Nanyang Poly. I recently graduated from NTU EEE. Currently I have a full time job as a technical support engineer. I like to make technology work for people, play with gadgets and broadband devices. In my work I takes extra interest in troubleshooting routers and switches.

MY STRENGTHS:
My strength will be patience to spend time to get things working. I joined in StarHub Community in May 2013, just as a time pass and helped people with their internet problems. I was selected to be in the Sparkler's Club, met StarHub CEO during an event and was presented with a token of appreciation.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Paul is always plowing through the community looking for someone to help.  In particular, he is our Community’s Home Networking Expert.  Till date, he has the most number of replies that the community has accepted as solutions to their issue encountered and he has spent more than 1200 hours on the community.

Return to top

ReignOfComputer.png

WHO AM I:

I'm Jason, screen name ReignOfComputer. I am an enthusiast about Microsoft technologies who is now working at Microsoft Singapore.

MY STRENGTHS:
As a fan of all things Microsoft, I make it a point to know more about Microsoft products and strive to help others, especially in StarHub Community, learn more about them and troubleshoot any issues. In StarHub Community I post news and reviews about the latest Microsoft products such as Windows Phone. I love My Little Pony, Pokémon, Corgis and learning to code in my free time.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Jason is our Windows Expert and is the go-to man for Windows and everything related to Microsoft. He runs the Windows Interest Group, making StarHub Community the platform that houses the newest Windows-related information.  He has spent more than 900 hours on StarHub Community.  

Return to top

Khai.png

WHO AM I:

I am Khai, an architectural associate who deals with design and architecture. I am also a self confessed tech geek who enjoys scrutinizing new technology especially mobile devices. During my free time, I like to spend my time optimizing apps and devices for productivity in both my work and lifestyle. These tips and tricks are often shared in the StarHub community. If you share the same interest as me, do ping me here.

MY STRENGTHS:
I often help StarHub Community review new handsets and test new hardware. I can say that I have an eye for details and often display creativity in my work.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Khai is our Android Expert and a regular blogger on StarHub Community.  He does very interesting video blog reviews of our handsets. In one of his articles, he has garnered more than 29,000 views! 

Return to top

Gunz.png

WHO AM I:

My name is Gunady. Screen name is Gunz. I am passionate on technology and gadget, especially new stuff and Microsoft related technology. I am a fan of Windows Phone and I love to test out the latest devices running on Windows OS.

MY STRENGTHS:
Contribution to StarHub community is to help other community members, share ideas, and review new gadget/products. And also have fun Smiley Happy

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Gunady is always participating in mobile discussions.  To date he posts about 200 posts and his review of the recent Lumia 930 phone gathered more than 18,000 views.

Return to top

Tan.png

WHO AM I:

I am Ian, screen name Tan. A bit of background, been in Hospitality for about 28 years, done a few new hotel openings, somehow found my niche in rooms operations. Self taught in tech, enjoys building own PCs....going back to the days of 80286 machines. Does service quality audits as part of my job, so a bit of it rubs off everywhere else.

MY STRENGTHS:

Contributions to the community, erm...sometimes just stating the obvious, where to get info, service lags, share experience in StarHub services, the good the bad and the ugly (very rare). Basically call a spade a spade, a rose a rose.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Tan is the “big brother” or guardian of the community.  He actively helps out in the community in a variety of customer service issues.  Whenever someone misbehaves, he will always be there to “discipline” and “educate” the person. He always provides honest opinion about our products and service which benefits us greatly.  

Return to top

Polarbear.pngWHO AM I:

My name is Mervin, screen name Polarbear.

My favorites hobbies are eating, watching movies, travelling and playing with new gadgets.

MY STRENGTHS:
In StarHub Community, I would write some post about the new gadgets or services that I got to try. I would also participate in the topics that I am keen in or try to answer that queries that I might know the answer already. Even though I might not log in often, but would try my best to log in once a week and help to comments in some topics.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Polarbear is our Valued Advocate.  He is a gadget man and blogs regularly about new phones for StarHub Community. He is friendly, approachable and loves to engage with the other users on StarHub Community.  

Return to top

Petra74.pngWHO AM I:

I’m Simon Ng, screen name Petra74. I am currently working as Senior IT Support Engineer. I’m a “CrackBerry” (BlackBerry Enthusiast) and also using HTC Butterfly S phone.

MY STRENGTHS:
I do reviews for mostly IT products and mobile phones review.  Written review for StarHub Community; BlackBerry Q10 last year and recently BlackBerry Passport.  

I’m a Liverpool FC supporter and recently pick up cycling, started off with a foldie and now a road bike!  I'm obviously good at providing IT solutions and services. Conduct trainings.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Simon is the community’s BlackBerry expert. He has been helping us reviewing BlackBerry handsets and is always up to date of the latest Blackberry news and updates. He is also involved in our service trials and has been an active user on StarHub Community.

Return to top

sfans.png

WHO AM I:

My name is Wilson. I'm working with a transport company – maintaining various servers like email, database, pcs, notebooks & all IT equipment. It’s very challenging as I deal with almost every issues in the company. When I am unable to resolve, I have to google to seek for solutions. Especially in IT, not everything you learn from the books.

MY STRENGTHS:
I try to participate regularly on StarHub Community whenever I can. I usually contribute tips, network solutions, wireless router issues, speed issues, pc issues relating to router. I have also done some reviews and it felt quite special as you really need to know the equipment well. I am wiling to try new things which is my strength. One should never be afraid to try new things and on StarHub Community, we can learn so much from everyone

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Wilson is our Senior Advocate with over a hundred helpful posts. He always attends our offline events in product trials and testing, giving us valuable feedback. 

Return to top

catkool.png

WHO AM I:

I am Catherine, screen name catkool. Author, editor, filmmaker and publisher.

MY STRENGTHS:
Turning ideas into reality. I have been described by Tommy Koh, Singapore’s Ambassador-at-large, as a “great editor” and by Katsuhiko Eguchi, Chairman of Japan’s PHP Institute, founder of Asia 21 magazine, as “having an untrapped mind – the ability to visualize and make ideas concrete”. The only female editor-in-chief from 1996 to 2002 in Japan’s Asia 21. I founded Experiences & Experiments in 2015 to enable under-18s to realise their dream of turning their ideas into reality. The Young Author Club, the first imprint, is penned by 8 to 18 year olds, for 8 to 18 year olds.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Catherine’s mission is to breed the next generation of young thinkers and writers. She is the founder of Janus education. Her dream of creating a community of budding writers came true earlier this year when she partners with StarHub Community to launch a Young Author’s Club. The contest we did was to vote for the best excerpts written by her class of over 80 students. This activation garnered over 1000 unique participants. She also offers a lot of life wisdom and inspiring articles to enrich the community. 

Return to top

IAmYukiNg.png

WHO AM I:

I am Yuki, screen name IAmYukiNg. My passion and interests in fashion and make-up helped me won the StarHub Community Beauty Blogger Search back in 2013 and I was crowned as StarHub Community Beauty Ambassador. During season 2 of Lady First SG, I was happy to be invited to write reviews for each episode of the program.

MY STRENGTHS:
I love writing in Chinese. I have a strong fashion sense that allows me to always be in trend. I like to share fashion and beauty tips with my readers on StarHub Community. I hope to help StarHub Community attracted a significant number of fans and created awareness about StarHub Community in the Chinese community.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Yuki is one of our 2 bloggers for StarHub’s LadyFirstSG programme. She blogs in Chinese, sharing tips and advices on beauty and fashion. She is our top Instagram tagger.  She also helps us represent the female voice in our product trials.   

Return to top

GraceTan.png

WHO AM I:

I'm Grace, author of the best-selling book 'Blogging For A Living'. I'm passionate about blogging and grooming blogging champions.

In my free time, I like to read, go prawning, jog, as well as watch movies! Smiley Happy

MY STRENGTHS:

StarHub Community is a great platform for me to share my love for StarHub programs like 'Lady First SG' and network with other hubbers and bloggers alike.

Pop by my blog and say Hi: www.workingwithgrace.wordpress.com

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:

Grace is our English blogger for LadyFirstSG and she is active is sharing about tips on how to make you look better and feel better. She also makes very professional video blogs for our products.   

Return to top

musicphotolife.png

WHO AM I:

My passion for reviewing gadgets goes way back to early 2000s. I published products reviews and shared insights about music and photography. Apart from my blog, I contributed articles to T3 magazine, xinmsn tech site and StarHub Community portal.

MY STRENGTHS:
I enjoy creating journalistic photography, devoting a good half of the last decade shooting for weddings, events and producing intimate portraiture works. Warner Music has published over 100 of my tracks in 6 albums under the "Piano Spa" series. I was the COMPASS Young Composer of the Year in 2011 and won Top Local Instrumental Awards from 2011-2014. I’m currently working on my 7th album for November release.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:
Chester is like a swiss army knife. He is not only an accomplished music composer,  photography and is also a successful blogger. He is one of our top blog contributors on StarHub Community. He works in StarHub in the IT department.

Return to top

limchin.png

WHO AM I:

I am Lim Chin, graduated from University of London, BSc in Computing and Information Systems.  I am working as a systems engineer in a trading company, mainly providing helpdesk support and server maintenances. Photo taking and editing is currently my favorite pastime due to the promise to both my daughters. I promise them that I would take 100 funny photos of them before their childhood ends.  We posted the funny photos in our blog http://ourfunnydiary.blogspot.sg/

MY STRENGTHS:

As an engineer, my strength will be desktop and network troubleshooting.  Apart from that, I am fairly good in photography editing and videography editing.

COMMUNITY MANAGERS SAY:

limchin is most known to the community for creative photography.  He created many new design ideas for Sparky in different dresses.  He took part in all our photo contests and actively helps out in the Community and offline product focus groups.  

Return to top

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Meet StarHub Community's top contributors and advocates!

how can i enter this league of extraordinary gentlemen and ladies?
Hub Master

Re: Meet StarHub Community's top contributors and advocates!

Be active here, help people here, contribute to StarHub Community and you will be on your way!
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is