StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Contest Ended] Happy Youths Contest: WIN $50 worth of CapitaLand Vouchers! 13th OCT '15 - 13th NOV '15

Honored Advisor

Re: Happy Youths Contest: WIN $50 worth of CapitaLand Vouchers! 13th OCT '15 - 13th NOV '15

If talk about hangouts place for youth of my time (early 90s, East area), definitely it will be those clubs along the East Coast Road, where from now I12(used to call Katong Mall)  to Tanjong Katong shopping center.

These place is so famous during my secondary school years, which many legal and illegal arcade games room(Street fighter II was the most famous at that time) with pool and billiards table are located.  That was where those secondary teen from the East area from differ school will gather, esp during Fri when the school start late for PM session and end early for AM session due to Muslims need to hav their Fri prayer.  

Those were the days that teens will bring along a leisure T-shirt in their bag to change when entering these acrade games shop, I still remember some owner of these clubs even sell plain white tee for those students who go in with school uniform.  The funny scene is when you enter these clubs we will see full of uniform student from diff school wear leisure T-Shirt to cover their uniform.  

It is so popular that when you are there you also will definitely meet some of your friends from other schools or from other levels. 

Respected Commentator

Re: Happy Youths Contest: WIN $50 worth of CapitaLand Vouchers! 13th OCT '15 - 13th NOV '15

Chinatown is my favorite place there have lot of memories in childhood

Senior Commentator

The happiest hang out place as youth is none other than hawker centre!  To indulge in cheap and delicious food and they are located all around Singapore. It is also pocket friendly for youth!   Is definitely a food lover's paradise Smiley LOL

Valued Advisor

Tampines 1 as i can have four fingers chicken,sushi and play at the rooftop.

Alumni (Retired)

My favourite hangout as a youth was Cineleisure. Back in my days, you don't have places like SCAPE and we did not have any hipster places like Haji Lane to hangout at.

We spent our meeting loitering around the external of and inside Cineleisure.
Respected Commentator

The place that makes me the happiest in Singapore would have to be East Coast Park, because I get to catch up with friends literally and on bikes too, and be able to watch anglers fishing and try my hand out if I'm lucky too!

New Commentator

The place in Singapore that makes me happiest as a youth is Changi Airport. Even though I spent most of time there studying, it is where I made memories with my secondary and polytechnic friends. We will always do stupid **bleep** to each other when we are bored of studying and sometimes we will just look at aeroplanes flying away while wishing that we are on that plane so that we can escape from studying. And we always play the Slide at T3 even though we are overgrown kids. Most importantly, the airport always changes as it held different events so it is always refreshing to visit the airport.

Esteemed Commentator

East Cost Park!!! Where we can skate, BBQ, cycling, fising, camping and more! The place that full of my secondary and poly life memories Smiley Happy Look at the sea and the wind blow on your face, whatever problems seems like run away from your mind. Smiley Happy

New Commentator

My happiest memory of my youth is karaoke! I love KBox in Scape and Marina Square! My friends and I would go there on the weekends to sing our hearts out. It is a great place to destress after our exams and numerous projects. We love the songs and drinks there. The price is affordable for a students too. 

New Commentator

I would say BUGIS, because of the myriad of shops there are. Be it clothes, food or other ammenities, Bugis is surely the way to go to shop. Even though I am a guy, I enjoy walking around shops because of the atmosphere that is surrounding Bugis. Excited shoppers that enjoy shopping with their friends, happy chatters makes me feel like a true carefree youth. Smiley Happy