StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Service even not yet installed

Esteemed Commentator

Bad Service even not yet installed

Hi, I have applied for a home bundle which includes broadband, tv, landline and mobile sim.

They are supposed to install it last Monday July 2 but have not yet installed because of a wrong address or floor. And we only discovered it on the day of installation.

5 days have passed but they have not got back to me even after writing a feedback and multiple call.

I called them Monday afternoon, Wednesday night, Thursday night and the only thing they told me is "they will escalate and wait for a call within 24-hours from the sales team". 3 hours call with them in total just to expect the same answer. C'mon! it's already 72 hours if I sum it up.

I even went to Plaza Singapura branch Thursday night to talk to a customer service face to face but ended up talking with an ARROGANT employee after waiting for a queue! I even asked to cancel the installation but this are just the things they mentioned to me.

- Never ending statement that I should wait for a callback

- "We cannot do anything". Then I told "this is why I went here because of customer service".

- They can only cancel active plan and not a plan that supposed to be installed.

The only thing I just wanted to know if they already corrected the address and when they are supposed to activate the signal to do the installation.

To be fair with them, I need to write this in detail.

I went to e-smart mobile at Tiong Bahru last June 25. I gave my IC and showed my address to the retail executive for him to input the details. He just showed my personal details before he complete the transaction and asked me to check my name & IC number if correct. I admit that I also have a mistake by not double-checking the address.

And this are just the things I remember he advised to me that day.

- I will be charged if the installation will be re-scheduled immediately after the schedule.

- There will be a termination fee if I did not complete the contract

- Everything will be waived except for the mobile sim activation of 10sgd

But on the contract there are remarks that they advised me about the following which is not.

- relocation fee

- cancellation fee

Too bad they are the ones who puts all information and will just ask you to sign after you check your name and IC details.

Today I will be going to the retail store that I have signed up because they might be busy for not giving me a call and hopefully they will waive all of this and cancel because of their crappy service.

Because of the cancellation fee or termination fee, the customers have nothing can do but to be manipulated by them whenever they want to their own thing!

8 REPLIES
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Bad Service even not yet installed

Hi RoyS,

It seems as though things got really messed up for you. The hassle you were put through, together with the frustration, must have been displeasing. 

Did you go back to the outlet again? DId they manage to rectify the issue?

If not, do provide me with your details (Full name, NRIC/FIN, mobile number, email) and address via PM so that I may provide further assistance. 

- Han

Esteemed Commentator

So here is an update.

I went to the store last Friday and the retail executive still recognize me even after 2 weeks.

They asked me to countersign the correction of the address from the contract.

So it is a waiting game which will get more delay if I have not been there. They should have called me at least to let me know that I need to countersign a document! Even with multiple escalations and promises that they will call me.

I asked him if it can be cancelled and waived because it is not my fault and don't want to continue because of this very bad service. He told me that it was my fault that I have written that wrong address and it was even counterchecked from their office.

He cannot even show me that document when I asked him nor asked the office to take a photo.

He mentioned that they only received the contract and I need to fill-up again the said document!

Their excuses are very lame!

I have missed their call this afternoon to arrange the schedule and trying to call them back but they have not responded for more than 15 call attempts I made!

They picked up the phone on the 19th call but not answering. I guess the excuse this time is that there is something wrong in the line and we are not hearing each other.

This is the worst customer service I had in my entire life!!

Esteemed Commentator

Hi Han,

Can we just waive everything and not continue with this installation?This is not my fault in the first place.
Full name - [removed for privacy]
NRIC/FIN - [removed for privacy]
mobile number - [removed for privacy]
email - [removed for privacy]

Community Manager

Hi Roys

I've removed your details as this is a public forum. Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll check.

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

Hello Everyone! I am back with a new frustrating update!

The retail executive from esmart Tiong Bahru plaza called me last Monday (June 9) morning and told me that the earliest date they can install is 20th. Imagine 2 weeks? And too bad I won't be available that day.

So I did not accept and asked for his manager to call me because I will gonna ask to waive the cancellation fee and not continue this. But I have not received any call the same day.

See the point from my first post? I am now manipulated by having it their own way.

Then I received a call from starhub customer service named Mark last Tuesday afternoon.

He told me that they will arrange the installation schedule and I shall expect a call by Wednesday as earliest or Thursday.

So I asked him if they can complete it soon because I won't be available on 20th and it is really inconvenient waiting for 2 weeks just for installation. After asking his manager, he made an assurance to me that installation can be arranged tomorrow morning(Saturday) or Sunday morning or Monday morning as the least.

3 days have passed and I did not received any call from them. Even just the promise of the schedule arrangement was broken.

I was really looking forward from that Tuesday call that they will be able to install it after 3 weeks with multiple follow-ups!

Community Manager

Hi RoyS

This is certainly cause for concern. Let me have your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email address via Private Message so I can check on this for you. 

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

Please confirm what is the exact status of this. Let me know if signal is still not yet activated.

Esteemed Commentator

THE INSTALLATION WAS SCHEDULED TODAY AND NO ONE CAME UP!!!!

THEY CALLED ME AGAIN LAST MONDAY(JULY 16) ARRANGING THE SCHEDULE (JULY 18 AT 2-4 PM).

THE SAME GUY WHO CALLED ME LAST TUESDAY(JULY 10) THAT PROMISED TO HAVE A CALLBACK SOON FOR SCHEDULE.

AFTER CALLING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 4PM, I JUST LEARNED THAT THERE WERE NO SCHEDULE ON THEIR SYSTEM!

THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING BY WASTING THE TIME OF PEOPLE!