StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World cup 2018

Trusted Commentator

World cup 2018

Recently i subscribed through the world cup 2018 through my phone and i could not see the world cup on tv but through my phone only. I was told by Starhub that i have to pay one hundred plus more to the original $94 that i paid for to see it on my phone. Nowhere was it stated in the Starhubgo advertisement that i could only see it on my phone only if i subscribe through the phone. I find it ridiculous that Starhub could not make adjustments so that i could also see it on my tv especially so that the price is the same for viewing on phone only or tv and phone. I would appeal for Starhub to make the adjustments without me paying double the amount.

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Re: World cup 2018

Hi Zahari

Please refer to our website at http://bit.ly/2wEYRaG where it is stated:

"For StarHub TV customers, subscribe to the Pack on StarHub TV Ch 222 and then add-on the StarHub TV Go Value-Added Service* to get LIVE World Cup coverage on your TV and your devices (by streaming via starhubgo.com or the StarHub Go app)."

Thank you.

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

But u should have state in the whats go app that when u apply through the phone u can only watch the world cup on your phone only and not on tv. So that people dont unwittingly apply through the phone. And also since the price of watching it on tv and phone is the same as watching on the phone only why cant starhub readjust the settings so that subscribers who unwittingly apply through the phone can also watch on tv. Is Starhub not liable for not stating forewarning in the phone starhubgo in the application app?

Grand Guru

Hi,

It is stated:  " ... watch only on Starhub Go.

2018  FIFA World

Cup Russia Pak

Watch all live and repeat matches, highlight and studio shows.  Subscribe and watch only on Starhub Go. Stream data-free on Starhub Mobile ...

i am not starhub staff.

Valued Commentator

I have same problem as Zahari. I only want to watch on TV. Can someone help? Cannot get through to customer care line for two days.

Respected Commentator

We encounter the same problem. Only after subscribing via the devices then we Were told that we cannot watch on TV! What kind of service is this? when you are charging such ex package plus the network is so unstable and people cannot Watch a match without seeing annoying error msgs! 

Community Manager

Hi Wkchew and julia990

If you've already subscribed to StarHub Go for the World Cup, we'll not be able to change your subscription to the TV services instead. Do watch the event via StarHub Go instead.

- Amy
Valued Commentator

This doesn’t make any sense to me at all. It’s really disappointing the way
Starhub are treating their loyal customers.
Respected Commentator

Are you trying to tell us StarHub online and StarHub TV are different companies? We understand this is the way how you treat loyal customers who have all StarHub services. We are very disappointing and will change our service provider. Thanks for your reply. 

Community Manager

Hi Wkchew and julia990

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll arrange for follow up.

- Amy