GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV commercials too loud

Senior Commentator

TV commercials too loud

Please stop broadcasting TV Ad's louder than the TV shows.

Its such an old trick to get viewers to watch the Ad's. US Govt had to pass a law to stop it. Do you really want the Singapore govt to do the same?.

Show that you think the customer is important and stop this practice.

(Do not tell me you don't control. It's your device we are using)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_Advertisement_Loudness_Mitigation_Act

17 REPLIES 17
Hub Master

Re: TV commercials too loud

Thank you for sharing this with us. We have highlighted this to the relevant team for further checking.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Yes, pls do something about it. It is too much louder than the tv content.

Hub Master

qainee, what programmes or channels are you experiencing it on?
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

all the AFC channels regardless of programmes.

Hub Master

Thanks. I will get the network to check on this.
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Apparently this problem that was first highlighted in 2013 is rearing its head again. The volume would go up a few notches whenever a programme goes for a commercial break. I have to dive for the remote control to bring the volume down when the commercial cuts in, and bring it up again when the programme resumes.

I have reported the problem to your support and your technician had come to upgrade the firmware a couple of months ago. Was told to monitor it for a while but the problem still persists to-date.

Pls provide a solution asap as it's ridiculous to have to keep adjusting the volume throughout the programme. Thanks.

Everyone's Tags (2)
Alumni (Retired)

Hi VJ13, thanks for sharing your feedback. I have highlighted this to the relevant team to check. I will get back to you once I receive an update on this.

Alumni (Retired)

Good day VJ13,  can I check if you're referring to commercials on the AFC channel/channels? Or is this issue on another channel? The network team has monitored AFC and did not notice any loud audio during commercial breaks.

Esteemed Commentator

Hi Priya, what does AFC mean? It happens on CH 5 and 8 watched through the HD fibre set top box, most prominent when screening movies or dramas.