cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Arena and Local Channels

Trusted Commentator

Sports Arena and Local Channels

Hi,

May I know if the Sports Arena Channel will still be available in analogue transmission after 31-Dec-2018?

I also realised that it is not available in the Starhub Go Sports pack. Can it be made available in the pack?

Other local live channels like Channel 5, 8 etc. are also not available under Starhub Go. Can those channels be included also?

I have purchased the Starhub Go Streaming Box, hoping it can be used as a Starhub TV Set-Top box, and eliminating the need for me to purchase a digital tuner box for my TV. However, the above limitations have disappointed me.

Thks.

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

Re: Sports Arena and Local Channels

Hi eddy777

Local channels are not available for streaming. Hence, they're not available on the Go Streaming Box. You'll need a Digital Tuner if you want to watch local channels after their cessation by MediaCorp on analogue. 

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

Hi Amy,

Thks for your reply. However, what about Sports Arena Channel? This channel is not from Mediacorp but from Starhub.

Will it still be available in analogue transmission after Dec 2018? Is it possible to include it in the Starhub Go Sports Pack in Go Streaming Box?

Thanks.

Grand Guru

Hi @eddy777

For local live channels 5, 8, CNA, etc; you can download the Toggle App to watch free.

Toggle App can be used in Android/Apple devices and computer browser visit Toggle website.

Since Starhub Go Streaming box is an Android TV box.

As for related matter on Starhub Go you can write to the Developer as email is available in Starhub Go App in Google Play &or Apple store.

i am not starhub staff.

Trusted Commentator

Hi ,

Thanks for your advice. 

Unfortunately, while the Starhub Go Streaming Box is an Android TV box, the Toggle App is not supported on it. You can't download from the Google Playstore and install it.

My mum is a great fan of Sports Arena Channel, hence I am trying to see how she can continue to watch it after Dec-2018, short of subscribing to a Starhub TV Set-Top Box.

Trusted Commentator

I just tested, the Sports Arena Channel is available on the Starhub Go App on Android and IOS. However, it is not available in the Starhub Go Streaming Box. Can it be included? Thanks.

Grand Guru

@eddy777 wrote:

I just tested, the Sports Arena Channel is available on the Starhub Go App on Android and IOS. However, it is not available in the Starhub Go Streaming Box. Can it be included? Thanks.

If i am not wrong there is Starhub Go App installed together with other Apps.

Watch this video > Demo - Starhub Go Streaming Box 

Regards.

Trusted Commentator

@eric3743 wrote:

@eddy777 wrote:

If i am not wrong there is Starhub Go App installed together with other Apps.

Watch this video > Demo - Starhub Go Streaming Box 

Regards.

The Starhub Go App in the Starhub Go Streaming Box does not have the Sports Arena channel, unlike the Starhub Go App on Mobile (ie. IOS/Android). This is what I do not understand and frustrates me.

Community Manager

Hi eddy777

The Go Sports Pack (https://www.starhubgo.com/page?pageid=goSports) does not include HubSports Arena.

The only reason why HubSports Arena is shown for the StarHub Go app is because the customer is already subscribed to StarHub TV Go and our basic cable or Fibre TV package. 

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

@Amy_Law wrote:

Hi eddy777

The Go Sports Pack (https://www.starhubgo.com/page?pageid=goSports) does not include HubSports Arena.

The only reason why HubSports Arena is shown for the StarHub Go app is because the customer is already subscribed to StarHub TV Go and our basic cable or Fibre TV package. 

Hi Amy,

Appreciate your reply, but I still don't understand why HubSports Arena is shown on StarHub Go app but not on the Starhub Go streaming box. I do not subscribe to the Cable or Fibre TV package, but I can view the channel on the former but not the latter.

With regards to my earlier question on whether HubSports Arena will still be available on analogue transmission after 31-Dec-2018, do you have any info on that?

Thanks.