GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHOCKED & NOT INFORMED of cancellation of our Asianet 139 on Starhub TV after recontracted

Respected Commentator

SHOCKED & NOT INFORMED of cancellation of our Asianet 139 on Starhub TV after recontracted

5 REPLIES 5
Respected Commentator

Re: SHOCKED & NOT INFORMED of cancellation of our Asianet 139 on Starhub TV after recontracted

Hi  Starhub

I have been a loyal customer with Starhub TV for a long time and was recently dissapointed to discover that one of our Starhub TV channels ie. Asianet 139 have been removed or cancelled, when we recontracted recently. We should have been informed that recontracting meant that the channel 139 is removed.We were watching this channel 139 as it is the only one in our mother-tongue Indian language, Malayalam.
Also understand now from friends and relatives of the same Indian language group, they are still able to watch channel 139 as long as they do not recontract. If so, why is this the case   ? 

Please advice at soonest

Thanks.
Respected Commentator

Re: SHOCKED & NOT INFORMED of cancellation of our Asianet 139 on Starhub TV after recontracted

Hi  Starhub
I have been a loyal customer with Starhub TV for a long time and was recently dissapointed to discover that one of our Starhub TV channels ie. Asianet 139 have been removed or cancelled, when we recontracted recently. We should have been informed that recontracting meant that the channel 139 is removed.We were watching this channel 139 as it is the only one in our mother-tongue Indian language, Malayalam.
Also understand now from friends and relatives of the same Indian language group, they are still able to watch channel 139 as long as they do not recontract. If so, why is this the case   ? 
Please advice at soonest
Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi jnkumar, we do understand your concerns. We wish to explain that due to commercial reasons, some channels will not be available as part of our StarHub Entertainment Pass, and Asianet (Channel 139) is one of them. Kindly be informed that once you have changed out to a StarHub Entertainment Pass, you will not be able to change back to the previous StarHub TV plan.

You may refer to Question 11/15 via this link >> https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/entertainment-getting-started/starhub-en...

Please PM us the subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address, service address and mobile number by clicking >> HERE, we’ll arrange for assistance.

Respected Commentator

Re: SHOCKED

Hi Starhub

Your response refers. This is Not acceptable. Starhub recontracted my
Starhub TV plan to the new plan and did not inform me of the change that
our Asianet 139 channel will be cancelled, otherwise we would not have
moved.
The Starhub staff told me the old Basic plan will Not be offered and we
have to move to new Entertainment pass . They did not mention Asianet 139
is Not available to us anymore. We are Not interested in the Indian pass.
Please restore us back to the Old plan with channel Asianet 139 with
immediate effect.

My subscription details below:
HUBID:
Name:
Address:
Tel:

Thank you !

Regards

Community Manager

Re: SHOCKED

I've edited your reply as it contains your personal details. Please click >> HERE to PM us. Meanwhile, I've referred your matter to the relevant team for assistance.