GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoenix channel 805 and 806 not in chinese entertainment pass???

Valued Contributor

Phoenix channel 805 and 806 not in chinese entertainment pass???

Hi,

My contract is ending soon and I am deciding to renew or end the tv subscription.

Currently my home starhub tv are only watch by my elderly parent at home and they watched phoenix 805 and 806 daily. These 2 channels are free under the old plan category basic. So it's very weird that you do not have these free channels in the chinese entertainment pass.

Could you kindly confirm if these 2 channels 805 and 806 will be added into the new chinese entertainment pass as it's one of the factor for my decision when the contract ends. TQ

11 REPLIES 11
Senior Commentator

Re: Phoenix channel 805 and 806 not in chinese entertainment pass???

dear wongyi,

just sharing my experience with you for your reference.

i renewed my tv contract sticking to my existing 3 basic packs, which includes the chinese infotainment pack ( 827,828,805,806,833... ). so no interuptions to me.

during my renewal a few weeks back, 827,805,806 were not in the new asian entertainment pass. 827 were added into the pass recently. 805 & 806 will most likely be added later. but no visibility on the dates, it could be due to the current contract agreement dates/period between starhub and phoenix are not due yet, or both are bargaining with each other on how much will starhub pay phoenix.

i did not switch over to the new entertainment passes because my existing 3 basic pack channels are spread across 2 different entertainment passes. 1 entertainment pass is included as part of the renewal contract, additional 2nd pass is free for 1st year, meaning must pay next year. after 1 year, all human brains forgets about this, but computer billing system will definitely remember to bill !

anyway, i am happy with the channels of my existing 3 basic packs. no time for so many other channels from 2 entertainment passes.

my renewed homehub plus contract comes with 6 months free tv subscription, 1 linksys wifi router, free eocc adaptors ( 1 master, 2 slaves ) for my living room and bedroom tv, using my existing coaxial cable points. no need to run new cables.

so far so good for 2 weeks, picture quality same as before when using cable.

but will have to consider the lifespans of the eocc adaptors. will starhub replace the spoilt eocc adaptors at no charge ? i have not asked yet, and probably starhub management have not decided yet, because these are newly introduced only recently. it also depends on at what point in time in the 2 year contract, the eocc adaptor breakdowns, the risk to starhub of customers jumping ship if they refuse to replace at no charge, or the risk to customers to pay contract termination penalty if they do not want to pay for replacement adaptors and decides to jump ship.

cheers.

Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience! As I have other add on channels in my current old plan.

The new plan is more feasible for me in terms of price and needs.

The only channel missing is 805 and 806.

We have more than 1 add on channels currently because of a certain particular channel in the add on packs, so in terms of price and needs, the new one will be better.

If I can get something better elsewhere at a same price or cheaper, then I will look elsewhere.

Because now, other than needs and freebies, I have no loyalty to Starhub. I used to have but over the years, their ethics and services really went down terribly.

It had been quite frustrating along the years with Starhub with their other services too.

I am not sure how they work internally but form my point of view as a customer,

they don't really bother if you stick or leave, so why should I even be loyal with them?

This platform would not even be needed if they really cultivate strong ethnic on customer experience.

It's not always freebies that your customer wants, I would say experience is more important and the latter is what turned me off.

If not for my elderly parent on the starhub tv, I might have left them long time ago.

And now, there are so many other options to try, why close my options for a company that's not taking care of their source of revenue. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

And also to add on about what you mentioned that they might be in the midst of channel renewal price (Starhub and phoenix). Meaning, there will also be a possibility that the old plan (basic category) might cease this channel within the next 2 years if talks failed between the 2.

If not, it's werid because if I re-new the old contract for another 2 years, I still have phoenix under the old basic free category. Meaning that Starhub had retain this channel for the next 2 years, so why is not included in the new pass. Why is it a commercial issue?

If indeed, Starhub already purchased the rights to air this channel for the next coming years.

Then the decision to put this channel into whichever old or new plan is decided by Starhub and not Phoenix. Correct me if I am wrong?

Senior Commentator

dear wongyi,

haha, i was just guessing what might be happening between starhub and phoenix. i am not an expert on contract pricings or the contract legal stuffs. putting the channels in a small pack of a few channels compared to a big pack of many channels may have alot of significance to their fees and legal stuffs.

827 台灣中天亞洲台 was initially not on the asian entertainment pass, but it was added into it quite recently.

yes, there is a possibility that my chinese infotainment pack may lose 805,806 if things turns out bad. but i think quite unlikely. 805,806 is currently not on singtel tv. if phoenix goes to singtel, they will lose alot of the long time existing viewers on starhub. how many existing viewers will break existing contracts to jump to singtel just for phoenix is a big question. and singapore is probably an important viewership base for them and they are very unlikely to leave singapore all together. or maybe phoenix is trying to bargain for a better fee/price for them to be on both starhub and singtel at the same time ? another wild guess. haha.

Community Manager

Hi Wong Yi, Due to commercial reasons, some channels will not be available as part of our StarHub Entertainment Pass. You can check our website for more details on this, refer to point 11, https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/services-and-plans/entertainment-getting-started/starhub-en...  

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I had read the link that's why I am asking here.

In simple terms Qns 1: I am asking what commercial reasons are we talking about?

Okay! And I believe you will answer that you are not able to reveal.

In simple terms again Qns 2: May I know if theres's any possibility of these channel 805 and 806 to be add in to the Asian entertainment pass in the near future????? TQ

Alumni (Retired)

We will provide more information when they are available. Thank you for your patience.

- Amy
New Commentator

Hi Amy, 

Any update on the ch805 & ch806 subscription? 

Best Regards

Sam Ho

Community Manager

Hi Sam Ho

Thank you for checking with us. Currently there are no update on this yet. 

Do stay tuned to our website for any updates. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson