cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impending loss of Discovery, HGTV etc

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Impending loss of Discovery, HGTV etc

You were already losing ground to Netflix and other streaming services before you decided to cancel the only channels I watch on Starhub these days.  I am especially disturbed by the loss of HGTV. I have been a customer for many years but this is the final straw.  The rest of your content doesn’t warrant the $170 I spend every month. Congratulations on motivating me to finally cancel my subscription and find other alternatives.

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: Impending loss of Discovery, HGTV etc

Hi phattdog

We're currently still in negotiations with Discovery and seek your patience and understanding. We understand the impact that the discontinuation of the channels may have on you, should both parties be unable to come to an agreement.

From mid-June 2018, we will reach out progressively to all affected customers with letters to update them on the situation. Stay tuned. 

- Amy
New Commentator

A textbook example of how to offend and lose your customers. the 30 free preview channels are crap. I already have access to 4 basic group and the so call free channels are not free. Another lesson on ethical and honesty in communication.
Senior Commentator

So you’ve gone ahead to cancel Discovery and I had to find out when it ceased broadcasting. I guess that means the other channels will follow. And I’m still waiting for you to “reach out” to me.

I’ve run out of patience and you do not have my understanding. You guys are the worst. 

Alumni (Retired)

Hi phattdog

Sorry that you feel this way. Rest assured you will be receiving the letters latest by this weekend. The letter will contain information on the new channel launches, as well as rebates, in appreciation of your patience.

Trusted Advocate

In other threads relating to this matter StarHub were assuring people they would receive a letter before the end of June to offer options. i.e. before they started removing channels

They haven't done this so I wonder how this stands with the IMDA, removal of channels to their subscribers with no notice.  Not every subscriber uses these boards and I'm sure they are thousands of subscribers out their wondering whats happened, 4 channels just gone without any formal notice from StarHub

Respected Advocate

They have been flashing a 'notice' on the affected channels for weeks leading up to the D-Day.

So regular viewers of the channels would probably not be in the dark about the impending removal of the channels. 

I just received the letter (I think 2 days ago or so) but the letter was 'backdated' to 25 Jun 2018. Hmm..

Respected Commentator

Agree. Once my contract due, I will look for alternative service provider.

New Commentator

You lost me when you cancelled HGTV... Makeful is crap. I've never seen a worse bunch of programs or designers for that matter!