GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gusto, Curiosity Stream, TravelXP - so called Discovery replacement channels

Senior Commentator

Re: Gusto, Curiosity Stream, TravelXP - so called Discovery replacement channels

Having watched Travelxp for a while now, I am convinced that the programmes are so bad even Channel 5 wouldn't air them. 

Respected Advocate

Re: Gusto, Curiosity Stream, TravelXP - so called Discovery replacement channels

@Sngchris wrote:

Having watched Travelxp for a while now, I am convinced that the programmes are so bad even Channel 5 wouldn't air them. 

I commend you for having the patience of a monk and a sadistic streak for subjecting yourself to intellectual torture. 

Travelxp is a criminal waste of time, effort, energy and resources. I have seen many videos made by polytechnics students of higher quality. 

Community Manager

We're still on the lookout for new content and channels. Please be patient with us as we ride out this period together.

- Amy
Senior Commentator

Dear Amy

Program channels replacements are decisions that should not be taken likely. Much research (apart from fees charged by new channels) ought to have been done prior to making such major decisions. Perhaps a sample of subscribers should have been roped in to test their reactions to the new channels prior to making the official decision to switch. It may cost you to do such exercises but it could save the company/dept the trouble of "fire-fighting" like what you have to do now and should the channels be changed again that in itself is actually more costly? Your subscribers have been enjoying the previous channels/content for quite a few years, the dept in charge, should not make such changes so flippantly without any careful considerations.  

That's my 2 cents worth of management advice for your company. 

Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, flai64. Rest assured they have been shared with our content team as well. 

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Well-said and I couldn't agree more!!

@flai64 wrote:

Dear Amy

Program channels replacements are decisions that should not be taken likely. Much research (apart from fees charged by new channels) ought to have been done prior to making such major decisions. Perhaps a sample of subscribers should have been roped in to test their reactions to the new channels prior to making the official decision to switch. It may cost you to do such exercises but it could save the company/dept the trouble of "fire-fighting" like what you have to do now and should the channels be changed again that in itself is actually more costly? Your subscribers have been enjoying the previous channels/content for quite a few years, the dept in charge, should not make such changes so flippantly without any careful considerations.  

That's my 2 cents worth of management advice for your company. 

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

While you're searching for channels, we are paying for them. How long do you expect us to be paying for sub standard content? 

Community Manager

Rest assured we're still working to beef up our current line up with new content and channels as well. Check out www.starhub.com/channel-changes?icid=int-31B-StarHubCM-201808-cm-support for more details.

- Amy
Honored Advisor

I would suggect Starhub don't look out for new channel, but try to get discovery channel back to Starhub..

Senior Commentator

It's been months since you brought out these sub standard replacement channels. Even Blue Ant Extreme is beginning to try my patience . I'm watching Doom and it's censored the aliens with pixels. I might as well be watching the Disney channel.