StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gusto, Curiosity Stream, TravelXP - so called Discovery replacement channels

Respected Commentator

Gusto, Curiosity Stream, TravelXP - so called Discovery replacement channels

Travel xp has ads that are not in English. Alternatively at some points in the programme, there is a red screen that says the ads do not apply in this region and to wait until they are over.

Gusto and Curiosity Stream are both pixilated and unclear. Not able to watch them because the pictures are not even properly formed onscreen. All other channels are fine.

What's going on? 

If these are supposed to be replacements they should at least be watchable? This exercise has been very frustrating to paying customers and reflects badly on Starhub's planning for 'content refreshment'.

Any suggestions from Starhub CS?
21 REPLIES 21
Respected Advocate

Re: Gusto, Curiosity Stream, TravelXP - so called Discovery replacement channels

TravelXp is a rubbish channel. Complete waste of time.

Gusto is OK but not compelling compared to AFC and Food Channel shows.

Curiosity shows are superb. Quality and compelling shows that are IMO on par with BBC and exceed Discovery and NatGeo shows.

So far I have no issues with Gutso and Curiosity channels. So maybe if it continues, a STB switch may be required. 

Alumni (Retired)

Re: Gusto, Curiosity Stream, TravelXP - so called Discovery replacement channels

Hi hubbahubba

Let me get this sorted out for you. Do provide me with your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message and we'll keep in touch.

Respected Commentator

Appreciate the reviews!
Senior Commentator

Completely agree. All the replacement channels are terrible. Gusto must be a very cheap channel for Starhub to pay the rights to screen coz all the shows are so old!! Terribly disappointing!!! If these are not changed in the future you may just lose subscribers to your competitors.
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Some feedback on the programs shown on GUSTO.

Many of the programs are from 10 to 15 years ago !! There is no comparison to AFC ,etc. Haven't watched the other "substitutes" for DISCOVERY Channels, but likely it will be recycled stuff from a decade ago.

Senior Commentator

Completely agree. To be it's obvious that Starhub is reducing cost at the expense of its subscribers. None of the replacement channels are interesting to me! 

Respected Advocate

@Flintstone wrote:

Some feedback on the programs shown on GUSTO.

Many of the programs are from 10 to 15 years ago !! There is no comparison to AFC ,etc. Haven't watched the other "substitutes" for DISCOVERY Channels, but likely it will be recycled stuff from a decade ago.

I can't comment on gusto, makeful or TravelXP since I dun watch any of the shows.

But I can confirm that CuriosityStream shows are definitely not that old. After all, it was only launched 3 years ago in 2015. And most of their shows are original productions.

From wiki, Gusto was launched in 2013. So most of their shows are acquired if it's really 10 - 15 years ago. 

To be fair, even AFC shows old programs. I remember watching Iron Chef (the Japanese version) on AFC. And those shows are at least 20 years old. But they remain entertaining so it's not bad. 

Respected Commentator

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....I haven't been able to watch either Gusto or Curiosity Stream cos totally pixilated...today the technician swopped the set top box to fibre. It was ok for the 10 minutes he was here...so I caught two glimpses of Gusto and CS...

Now when I am trying to watch them I am not even getting a signal for the box...

Wonder why I am still paying a subscription for no channels...and it was a really long stretch of time when Starhub tried and couldn't fix the cable signals for those two channels...

Speechless...frustrated...

Alumni (Retired)

Hi hubbahubba, 

It could be that the connection between the cables is loose. Do check the LAN cable is securely connected to the network, or remove and re-insert, if necessary. Kindly power off the devices prior to the troubleshooting. - Han