StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Network Channels - Going Soon?

Senior Commentator

Re: Discovery Network Channels - Going Soon?

I disagree. I would argue that the 20% rule is irrelevant.

I would say that section 3.5A(i)(a) of the code applies as Starhub is removing a material channel. See section 3.8 for a definition of material channel.
Administrator

Hi newasia8, we will need to check your pay TV subscription to determine if you have experienced a 20% reduction in the total number of TV channels in your TV package. please send us a PM with your full name, NRIC/FIN number, StarHub Account number, contact number and email address via https://community.starhub.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/242. We will get back to you after we have reviewed. In the meantime, do have a look at the new channels that we have rolled out and give us your feedback. Thanks! -Jolene 

Respected Advocate

@Jolene_L wrote:

In the meantime, do have a look at the new channels that we have rolled out and give us your feedback. Thanks! -Jolene 

So far the new channels can accurately be described as 'subpar programming'

Fight Science is showing shows that are a decade old (Fight Science, Fight Quest) and showing Sumo tournament highlight from 4 yrs back.

TravelXp programs are a complete waste of time and energy. Lacking in any decent quality, content or personality. It's amazing they are still on air.

The quality of Discovery shows may have been going down in the last 5-10 yrs but even the worse of their shows is still much better than those on the new channels.

Valued Advisor

@Disvoery4thewin wrote:
I disagree. I would argue that the 20% rule is irrelevant.

I would say that section 3.5A(i)(a) of the code applies as Starhub is removing a material channel. See section 3.8 for a definition of material channel.

I would rather say, IMDA usually do not involve themselve into contractual matter.

For matter relating to a voluntary termination, one will have to talk with consumer protection such as CASE.

You can try with IMDA and I can imagine most likely they will reply something like StarHub has offered new channels together with a bill rebate for coming months.

As usual, the law and order favours big enterprises and for customer, we sit and being scre*ed any way.

Share your experience after esclating the matter with IMDA.
Valued Advisor

Pay TV is a sunsetting business. 

I am indeed quite disappointed that some large content owners such as Fox are yet to launch their OTT service directly to end users.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I'm too, big disappointed! My big lost are Asia Food Channel, Food Network and Travel Channel, these channels irreplaceable and those new channels are unwatchable.

All because selfish decision between Discovery & StarHub, both never think about their customers. StarHub worst, did not respect their customers by decided cease all the channels left all of us likes fools! 

StarHub! You suck..! Your let your value customers down and gave us huge amount of $4 for 3 or 6 months bill rebate!

Valued Advisor

@Eronec wrote:

I'm too, big disappointed! My big lost are Asia Food Channel, Food Network and Travel Channel, these channels irreplaceable and those new channels are unwatchable.

All because selfish decision between Discovery & StarHub, both never think about their customers. StarHub worst, did not respect their customers by decided cease all the channels left all of us likes fools! 

StarHub! You suck..! Your let your value customers down and gave us huge amount of $4 for 3 or 6 months bill rebate!

We, as a customer, are only capable to express our disapproval by not renewing service contracts.   

Today's Pay TV are often subscribed as a HomeHub bundle, keep an eye on StarHub financial results in the coming 12-24 months.  It will be interesting to know how this break up with Discovery influence StarHub Pay TV business and the relatively more stable broadband business. 

Honored Advisor

I not in contract, all thank to the IPTV as I not able to install and my re-contract was aborted..
Valued Advisor

@Eronec wrote:
I not in contract, all thank to the IPTV as I not able to install and my re-contract was aborted..

StarHub is forcing new / recontract customer to migrate to IP set-top box. A educated guess - their HFC network is planned to be closed down in a couple years time from now. 

Resources for other set top box options are readily available in HDZ.

Honored Advisor

Thanks for the info..
I waiting for my mobile contract end ( 1 more year). Thinking swap all to Red side all for once..