StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery Network Channels - Going Soon?

Trusted Commentator

Re: Discovery Network Channels - Going Soon?

Honestly I don't mind paying extra "a cup of coffee" for getting Discovery Channels, HGTV, Animal Planet...

Respected Advocate

@sh2sg wrote:

Honestly I don't mind paying extra "a cup of coffee" for getting Discovery Channels, HGTV, Animal Planet...

Really? What if that extra 'cup of coffee' is from Starbuck and Coffee Bean as opposed to what we pay at the Coffeeshop?

Frankly, if you ask me to pay $5 extra every month for the channels that we are going to miss, I rather drop Discovery and its suite of channels.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi lonewolfsg, can I check if you're still experiencing the issues with your broadband?

Respected Advocate

@Priya_R wrote:

Hi lonewolfsg, can I check if you're still experiencing the issues with your broadband?

Yes. Still having issues. 

Community Manager

Quick check - have you also tested the connection using a LAN cable to your laptop/PC to your ONT instead to see if the issues recur after a restart of your modem/ONT and router?

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll arrange for assistance.

- Amy
Trusted Commentator

Hi,

the current options to replace channels are already mostly subscribed to today already. Also, some channels have no similar / exact replacements like HGTV, a 24 hour home buying, rental and  renovation channel .

As such , Starhub should allow those still under contract to have the option to terminate their existing contracts without penalty should the prescribed channel replacements by Starhub be unacceptable to the customer. This , to me, is fair game.

ALso , i have not received any such notification letter and all but less than 5 days is left .

Respected Commentator

Not saying increasing subscription fee is the best way to go but I think most people who can afford cable TV will be able to afford the $5 increase per month. Or Starhub can also try to expand into other countries to increase their subscribers.

It is better than dropping off those channels and have those people who are already hooked Discovery Networks shows to get upset.

I am sure there will be many people unsubscribing Starhub if they really go ahead with this stupid idea.

Trusted Advocate

@tatatski wrote:

Hi,

the current options to replace channels are already mostly subscribed to today already. Also, some channels have no similar / exact replacements like HGTV, a 24 hour home buying, rental and  renovation channel .

As such , Starhub should allow those still under contract to have the option to terminate their existing contracts without penalty should the prescribed channel replacements by Starhub be unacceptable to the customer. This , to me, is fair game.

ALso , i have not received any such notification letter and all but less than 5 days is left .

I agree with this view. Also, STARHUB should be giving their subscribers the choice, not making the decision for them.  I also haven't received any notification in the mail as promised by STARHUB.

Why aren't we being given the option to pay extra to keep these channels, it's almost a case of unjustified censorship. I'll certainly consider terminating at the end of my contract in two months, despite the hassle of doing this and having to switch my internet and mobile phones to a Singtel bundle.  Having said that I might be facing the same issue with Singtel when their contract with Discovery Networks comes up for renewal!

I have no issues with STARHUB otherwise and really enjoy all their servcies and reliability but this disrespect of their customers is probably enough to make me switch.

STARHUBS subscriber count has dropped 20% in the last 9 quarters, make that 20%+1 soon

Community Manager

Hi Tatatski

I've replied to you on another post.

- Amy
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Today 25th June 2018, 5 day to go and Discovery Channel will gone and I still not receive any info from StarHub too.