GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio/Video sync on EPL channels

Trusted Advocate

Audio/Video sync on EPL channels

I watch the EPL through the cross channel sharing on Starhub. I've notice the audio "lag" of around 1 second and wondered if this is the same on Singtel MioTV.  Not that it matters when watching a match but is very noticebale when watching the review programs etc.  Is this due to the fact that it is carried cross-channel and can't be helped, is like this on SIngtel too or an intentional degradation of service introduced by Singtel for Starhub viewers? Smiley Tongue

12 REPLIES 12
Trusted Advocate

Re: Audio/Video sync on EPL channels

Since there hasn't been a reply from STARHUB perhaps I can ask the question in another way.

I notice the audio and visual are not sync'ed on the BPL channels, audio is about 1 second ahead of the video, is this a fault or just the way it is and will always be?  Why does it only happen on the BPL channels and not the others?

Hub Master

I am unable to give you an answer straightaway. Lip sync might be caused by both signal and source. Right now, are you still facing any issue?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Trusted Advocate

Yep, still the same as it's been from the start, not a major issue but just a little distracting. Just for your info, the sound is not being re-directed through a sound system, this is straight off the TV, connected to the STB using the component connections and L/R audio connectors (not HDMI).

Regards

Hub Master

Seem like the issue might be with your equipment or cabling. Have you tried tightening the cables?
Home is where the ♥ is
Trusted Advocate

LOL, cables are tight, all other channels are OK,  BPL the problem, was that a serious question?

Hub Master

Loose cabling might just affect specific channels.

Please let me know if it is all the programmes or just specific programme.
Home is where the ♥ is
Trusted Advocate

Just the BPL channels, at least 227 which only carries the discussion/preveiw programs so it is most obvious, other, non BPL channels are OK.  You're the expert but from my perspective if it was my equipment it would affect all channels not just the ones being shared from Singtel.

Hub Master

Please drop us your details over at bit.ly/StarHubQuery to check further. Thanks.
Home is where the ♥ is
Senior Commentator

!t's now 2019 andsince the switch to fibre this issue is happening again, now that you obviously know this not a customer hardware issue, are you working on a solution?