Another One Bites the Dust - SyFy Cease Transmission 31 Oct 2016

Senior Commentator

Re: Another One Bites the Dust - SyFy Cease Transmission 31 Oct 2016

-- deleted --

Senior Commentator

@lonewolfsg wrote:

@Lenrek wrote:
I am so disappointed by this. Does it mean I won't be able to watch next season of Dark Matter?? Smiley Sad

Of cos you can! You just have to rely on other sources apart from Starhub. It may be a bit of a hassle and less convenient but you can definitely watch it if you know where to look. 

LOL... So, what exactly are you implying? 

Anyway... This whole thing of SyFy ceased transmission is really dissappointing. 

Highlighted
Respected Advocate

Not implying anything. Just a feedback to Starhub that they need to relook  their whole business model. This is not the 90s when it was almost impossible to get alternate sources for TV shows. 

Their current business model of 'take it or leave it' buffet spread is not sustainable. Ala Carte Channel and/or on demand shows is the way forward. 

It has to be a win-win for both Starhub and us. It cannot just be a win for Starhub and a lost for us. If SyFy is demanding a higher fee for their content, then an alternative could have been negotiated to remove it from the 'buffet' spread and make it an ala carte channel and let the viewer decide if they still want to pay to continue watching.

Sure it may cost more but at least we have a choice. Now the channel is just gone and removed with no recourse for viewers of the channel including those on contract. How is that fair to us? 

If Starhub still continues to stick to outdated business model, it's only a matter of time before more and more people stop subscribing altogether. 

New Commentator

Why? This channel provides some innovative programming that I really enjoy, did the decision maker understand your audience? I am concerned that Stahub keep changing the programming after subs lock in a long term contract.

New Commentator

Discontinued channels. Does that mean our monthly subscription price will go down as well??

I am paying extra for getting less and less.

Everyone's Tags (1)
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Effendi

There will be no change to the basic group subscription.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Valued Commentator

Also Available On

Malaysia:Hypp TV Ch.611

PhilippinesSmiley Frustratedkycable Ch.188 On HD

Indonesia:Indovision Ch .165/Okevision Ch.28,Tranvisions Ch.339,Usee Cable Ch.555,

Taiwan:Chunghwa Telecom MOD Ch.76/Taichung Vee TV Ch.502/Taiwan BBTV Ch. 201/Kbro Ch.210/DCTV New Taipei(Shinpei)Ch.224/TWT Cable Ch.428/NTC Ch.41/TBC.239

@falconic wrote:

Suggest other channel that plays Z Nation or Dark Matter or other original Syfy content. Other than Starhub where else can we watch Syfy?

@falconic wrote:

Suggest other channel that plays Z Nation or Dark Matter or other original Syfy content. Other than Starhub where else can we watch Syfy?