StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another One Bites the Dust - SyFy Cease Transmission 31 Oct 2016

Respected Advocate

Another One Bites the Dust - SyFy Cease Transmission 31 Oct 2016

Yet another channel ceasing transmission. Seems more and more channels being canceled on Starhub.

16 REPLIES 16
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Another One Bites the Dust - SyFy Cease Transmission 31 Oct 2016

Hi there,  we are discontinuing these channels as part of our ongoing efforts to offer fresher content for our StarHub TV customers . We are also constantly working towards bringing you an enhanced viewing experience, and hope to introduce more exciting line-ups and value added services to you and your family in the near future.

Alternatively,you may wish to tune-in to Warner TV (HD) Ch 515, FX (HD) Ch 507 . Thank you.

Respected Advocate

Hi Debra

Thanks for replying but like I said to some of your colleagues here, we do not like to keep hearing 'canned' or scripted reply repeated ad nauseam from Starhub.

And if you do want to make a reply, at least be honest about it. At the end of the day, it's probably just about the failure between both parties to come up with a licencing fee that is acceptable.  

I failed to see how termination of SyFy leads to 'fresher content' when

#1 SyFy is regularly showing new shows (some express from US) 

#2 Starhub has not really added more channels since a host of channels termination from the beginning of the year

Lastly, Warner TV and FX is not a direct replacement for SyFy as there are many shows that are only showed on SyFy. I guess that shows how much you know about the programs available on your channels. 

Everyone's Tags (1)
New Commentator

Suggest other channel that plays Z Nation or Dark Matter or other original Syfy content. Other than Starhub where else can we watch Syfy?

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

What is disconcerting is that you did not obtain our feedback before you cancelled the channels.
I was very happy with those channels and do not want fresher content.
Valued Commentator

Dear Starhub cable TV,

I am very disappointed that you cease transmission of SYFY. This is my top and favourite channel. I enjoy many of the shows especially the paranormal documentaries. Very disappointing with your explanation.

Valued Commentator

Dear Debra,

I am very disappointed with the loss of this channel, my favourite and top channel. What is 'fresher' content or exciting line-ups or value-added services? Just meaningless deceptive words. You can't replace paranormal survival or witness etc. 

Senior Commentator

I share your views man. Another fav channel cancelled without considering customer's feedback. If this goes on, there'll not be anymore channels worth watching. And just when I was following ZNation for the third season, what the hell!

Starhub, you really need to consider customer loyalty versus increased profitability. You're lucky its a monopoly right now, we need a second or third cable provider in Singapore, to improve the competitiveness. Can someone from MDA take note!!!!

Senior Commentator

I am so disappointed by this. Does it mean I won't be able to watch next season of Dark Matter?? Smiley Sad
Respected Advocate

@Lenrek wrote:
I am so disappointed by this. Does it mean I won't be able to watch next season of Dark Matter?? Smiley Sad

Of cos you can! You just have to rely on other sources apart from Starhub. It may be a bit of a hassle and less convenient but you can definitely watch it if you know where to look.