cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

856 cease transmission

GLH
Valued Commentator

Re: 856 cease transmission

I am shocked tonight to find out 856 has ceased transmission!!! My family watches 856 regularly and we are certainly not aware of this unreasonable move by Starhub!!! How can Starhub simply removes a channel that subscribers pay for in the packages they signed up for without compensation???  Maybe Starhub management and marketing teams knock off from work early enough to catch the first run of the programs, but many working class like us do not!!!  We often have to catch the delayed run, so 856 is absolutely a key channel we subscribe to.  Starhub, please be a responsible service provider!!!

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Hi everyone,

We have announced the cessation of the original VV Drama standalone channel (Ch 855 & 856) since 2013 which will not be available for new sign ups anymore. Customers who are signing up for VV Drama will be required to sign up VV Drama Pack instead as we have repackaged this which comes with on-Demand programmes and encouraged to switch over to VV Drama Pack to enjoy preferred titles on-Demand (at 12.84/mth, with GST)

Due to commercial considerations, we have ceased VVD +3 (Ch856) with effect from 28 July, 9.30am. You can catch up on the programs via VVD on Demand (Ch857) applicable to VV Drama Pack subscribers. With this channel, you can catch most programs (first run titles that are available on VVD – Ch855) anytime. These titles will be made available on VVD on Demand (Ch857) for 2 months, after premiering on VVD (Ch855).
Senior Commentator

Dear Moderator,

Having been a subscriber of VV drama for as long as I've remember, I do not recall being informed that 856 will no longer be available during my recent recontract of the tv service.

Oh yes, you have highlighted that new customers have not been enjoying this since 2013 but you don't mind your existing customers to continue on them? Is there a reason why the company have decided not to share this information earlier so that customers can make an informed choice on whether they want to sign up "on demand" option? Or are you afraid most of them will decide to leave the channel given that it no longer fulfils their need?

I do not think we will mind knowing that due to commercial reasons, we will have to pay a higher price to enjoy 856 service. At least subscribers like me can decide what to do prior you closing up the channel and not to be left hanging without any option right now on the day of cessation.

I might have signed up "on demand" option if I was offered earlier. Now that you have chosen to inform me after the channel switched off this morning, it has left a sour taste in our relationship.

Why aren't you watching my back, despite knowing this will have affected me and my family. I am truly disappointed.
GLH
Valued Commentator

My dear Vic Star

I can't believe this! I am sure you have not done enough publicity on your intention to cease 856, otherwise my family and I would not be so shocked tonight! Your telephone sales staff have also not alerted me about this when he called to ask me to renew my subscription a few months ago. Probably this is your plan? To minimise publicity so as to avoid subscribers' outcry and quietly deceive your subscribers into signing up packages where part of it will be removed without compensation?  If this is not your intention, please then offer a feasible proposal instead of simply asking subscribers to buy into a more expensive package that will help improve your commercial returns (your commercial considerations)! 

New Commentator

Dear Moderator,

I dont think you understand the frustration, your standard response of why the programme has ceased due to commercial consideration does not cut it. How about consumers ? - what is the consideration for your customers who have been with you for years. And did it occur to you that perhaps a fair amount of those who actually continue to keep a starhub box is because of VV drama? What you took away wasn't a programme to address your commercial consideration, rather you've taken away what many of the working adults who looked forward to a late evening spent unwinding ourselves and family time. 

If titles-on-demand is your solution to this - then the question is why make us pay on top of what we're already paying for VV drama? Wouldn't part of your retention consideration be to have preferential rates for your existing customers or fee waiver for months as trial?

Valued Commentator

commercial consideration mean squeeze more money out of us?

by you saying that starhub has been planing this for the longest of time but yet to inform customer, maybe you have mention to the new sign up but one thing for sure, lots of exsiting customer wasn't inform.
so you are saying that what starhub has doen is totally correct?

ch 856 serve the purpose of watching it 3 hours later.. which accomodate to most of the working class customer that you have.. why is there a need to for vvd demand.

Starhub want to enchance customer viewing experience, i seriously dont mind that vvd demand will be throw into the pack for free..
what is happening now is cornering customers. in order to get what we want we have to pay more.
as good as telling customer either you take it or leave it.
in order to enhance your view experience with Starhub, you will have to pay more to get what you are having now / or slightly more that what you get now. DUH!!!

on demand tv is something that ppl pay if they wanna enjoy whatever it offer.. not force customer to get it instead!!!!
Trusted Commentator

Dear all, VVD +3 was launched and included as a bonus channel at no additional cost when customers subscribed to VVD Channel (Ch 855) /VVD Pack. It was introduced to cater to the needs of customers who yearn for more flexibility in their viewing schedules. Increasingly, we are seeing more and more customers who are now watching their programmes via VV Drama On Demand, resulting in a decline in viewership on VVD +3. As such, we have ceased VVD +3 with effect from 28 July, 9.30am.
Senior Commentator

"It was introduced to cater to the needs of customers who yearn for more flexibility in their viewing schedules. Increasingly, we are seeing more and more customers who are now watching their programmes via VV Drama On Demand, resulting in a decline in viewership on VVD +3."

Even there is increasing demand, but I'm very sure there are still many who are watching VVD+3. 

Why don't Starhub send out mail to all subscribers and do a research to see how many wants VVD+3 to continue, and what is their frequency of tuning to VVD+3 in a week? With the results, then decide whether to cease or continue.

As what you can see, most people here wants it to continue. And there could be many more (who might not have access to internet or might not knows how to use internet,) but still wants it to continue. 

Please re-look into this

Valued Commentator

The channel 830 also be ceased out of sudden!!! What a disappointed service treatment from Starhub!
Valued Commentator

does that means we can re catch our drama on the demand channel for free?
lastly before this 856 is out, there is a channel where we can catch our missed drama for 3 days.

then u ceased it n given us this 856 to compensate that channel.n now u ceased 856 n give us the same reason.......does that means u break the contract n need to pay us the breaking of contract fees?