GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subscribe to cable broadband, but must pay for cable modem? lousy service as well!

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

subscribe to cable broadband, but must pay for cable modem? lousy service as well!

dear starhub,

on last tues 14 May, my maxonline voice modem was having some problem, so i called up starhub technical hotline in attempting to get some assistance in troubleshooting what's wrong. upon further checks with the initial technical staff assistance, it looked like my modem was not working since it's not lighted up at all, and hence i requested for a technician to come down and replace the modem. however at this moment, all that the technical support staff did rightly was to tell me bluntly i need to pay for the replacement since it was over warranty. i was stunned! since being a loyal maxonline subscriber yrs ago (at least 10 yrs), i had never pay for a single modem throughout my renewal, and now all the technical staff had to say was: YES YOU HAVE TO PAY.

and instead of explaining more to me patiently on why is there such a policy now to incur such hardware cost to the consumer when what we are paying for is the service, all the technical support staff did was trying to raise his voice as loud as i did! is that what starhub customer service is all about: to challenge customer in terms of raising voice?! i reprimanded him that he was very rude in doing so, and he had the nerve to reply back it's because i did it first. well done, so he was trained to raise his voice to aggitate his customer instead of cooling the customer down? is this how starhub train their staff - if you cannot cool your customer down, just raise your voice as loud as he/she does! and for your info, he cannot even repeat my subscription record correctly, i did not subscribe only from 2008, i subscribed way before that!

is that how you service your longtime customers nowaday? it has been almost a week since my modem is down, and i can only find my precious weekend time now to write this precious feedback post to you on how well your staff had treated me. and when i questioned for his name and employee number, he just stuttered and refused to provide more details besides saying the name "XiaoMing". marvellous!

and now back to the question, am i supposed to pay for the pathetic modem just simply because during my renewal last year it was still ok, and now during my contract period because i did not exchange anything back then, i had to absorb every single cost in the replacement due to the definition of "not under warranty", else i'm paying for my subscription for nothing??

appreciate if someone can revert me with a satisfactory answer on this..... for the loss of days without cable broadband connection at home, and also to get raised voice by your beloved technical staff "XiaoMing"......

a subscriber whom had been with starhub for ages, but was treated like dust by the marvellous technical support staff

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Hub Master

Re: subscribe to cable broadband, but must pay for cable modem? lousy service as well!

Hi WLLee

I am sorry to hear about this.

I would to like to clarify that you should have been given with 3000 reward points since you did not receive any new modem during the re-contract done. You can in fact use the reward points to redeem for the modem.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Re: subscribe to cable broadband, but must pay for cable modem? lousy service as well!

Thanks KaiBoon for your prompt reply. And this is the right service that I'm looking for: to offer me options, instead of bluntly telling me I have to pay myself.

Meanwhile is there any way that I can proceed with this redemption the soonest possible? I have been paying for a week of maxonline without any usage. And it's affecting my residential phone calling as well.
Highlighted
Hub Master

Hi WLLee

If you have sufficient points, you can make the redemption on our website. Currently, what is the model of your modem?
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

The modem that I'm using is the motorola version in black (tower standing). Which I need to connect it to my own wireless router in order to work.

I went to your redemption website and they stated fully redeem for the wireless voice modem. Is there any other way to check on stock availability?

http://sites.starhub.com/rewards/browse.jsp?ctId=16&sp=0
Highlighted
Hub Master

The next replenishment for the modem is on 31 May at 5pm.

Currently, you should be using either SBV5120 or SBV5121.
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

What happens to my monthly maxonline subscription fees then? It's going to be almost half a mth before the next batch of stock arrives. I can't be paying free for these few weeks when I'm not using...

Can arrange someone to contact me once stock is available?
Highlighted
Hub Master

Can you drop me your details via PM?
Home is where the ♥ is