GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home cable broadband

Esteemed Contributor

home cable broadband

need experienced technician to come down immediately, one week without wifi is too long. starhub technician guy came down twice without briefing from his office.
problem persists, now considering switching to singtel. have called 1633 a zillion times, have been told by tommy or jeremy, etc they would call back in 2 mins, half an hour but call never came.

is starhub supervisor reading this?

41 REPLIES 41
Esteemed Contributor

Re: home cable broadband

already email feedback to starhub btw, still no response...
already went to bit link, also no reply,
this is my last resort...
Hub Master

Hi hendrik

Is that anything that I can assist you on? Can you send me your details via Private Message please?

Thank you.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Contributor

You can call me at xxxxxxxx.

Hub Master

@hendrik I will arrange for further assistance.

@DesmondOng and @simonN Please help to check.

Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Contributor

day 8 without wifi from starhub. called starhub billing hotline, but they said they need 2-3 working days to call me back about termination. this is getting more and more ridiculous. noticed that technical side and billing side do not communicate. so, decided to call technical hotline again, chinese guy named yu sheng or something unable to help me, they read out customer account information but unable to help. called another time, this person suggested i change to fibre plan due to my building cannot accept cable modem. however this is no information, starhub told me this one week ago when they sent a technician who was not briefed.

starhub asked me to pay installation charges of total 170 sgd or pay early termination charges. i opted no due starhub said everything would be okay when i renewed my contract.

another guy from starhub called me out in the blue not knowing the entire story asking me whether i have spoken to our condo management company. he said sorry, as he sounded catching up reading his notes. he had no idea what went on.

anyways, no i am on two days wait for the sales team to call me about changing to fibre withou incurring any costs.

all this happening with starhub not realizing how inconvenient it is not having wifi.

after so many days, i am just wondering when i will get my wifi at home. its been 8 days so i think it will be a few more working days before starhub calls me and actuall arrange people to come down to install the fibre.

starhub is still charging me obviously for all this time.

hope to be able to use all this info in court if have to.

we will see.
Hub Master

Don't worry, I will arrange for further assistance to you.
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Contributor

day 9

called billing and lenny and billy from billing mentioned to call technical to make adjustments on the billing because they are unable to do so.

as instructed i called technical, but they mentioned technical only does technical issues.  again, was told that evelyn yang from sales would get back to me.  this time justin from technical said it would take 24-48 hours, a usual response.  i asked justin whether 24 hours starts counting today,  he hinted so.  i told him that i was told so from a few days ago.  he only replied that he would do the best. 

once again, i am on 24-48 hour wait....

lets see when till evelyn or someone from sales department calls me.

Esteemed Contributor

day 9

called billing to make adjustment to my billing because i have had 9 days without wifi from 1 June 2014 until now...lenny said unable to do anything due to case is not solved...she asked me to call technical 1633.

i called technical, but got through to billing, spoke to a guy called billy who asked me to call technical.  i said i dialed 1633, and he persisted i have chosen the wrong option...wow, 1633 connect you to billing as well...he said the same thing, me to call technical.

i called technical, justin, who said unable to do anything except technical issues.  he said i should wait for sales evelyn yang to call.  again starhub has shown that their departments do not communicate and only tasked to do their scope of work, fair enough, but again not trying to assist customer who spends hours to call them only to get response they are unable to help or call the OTHER DEPARTMENT.

anyways, justin asked me to wait 24-48 hours (AGAIN, this seems to be their manual), i asked if 24-48 hours start today, he said he would do the best.  i said i was told the same thing and no one has returned my call or tried to call me.  justin also mentioned that it is not my fault, its sales departments fault...

anyways, i insisted that 24-48 hours should not be from today, as i have been told the same each time i get through the calls. 

if you recall, on day 5 or so, tommy or badda from technical said they would call me in 2 minutes and 30 minutes respectively, never ended up calling me.

Hub Master

It seems like the issue is with the serviceability of your address. I have dropped a note to the team to follow up with you.
Home is where the ♥ is