Today I am facing the problem of accessing internet with the azetech wireless router which works good all the time under maxonline express. I have changed to a new prolink router, but still cannot. Direct access works ok. May I know whether any changes happen on starhub side?
Thanks for the reply.
It turns out a blog from hardwarezone "
Starhub users!! Anyone can connect to router but can't connect to net?
how i fixed it.
1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog
1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog
Well , I would suggest Starhub tech department spend more efforts on the risk analysis before any system change or upgrade which could potential affect the customers?
Hope this post can help others encountering the similar issue.
Hi KaiBoon, I am trying to replace my router as the hardware dosen't work too well. But I cannot connect to the internet. AFter installing, when I try to go onto the internet it cannot connect. I have a 16 MBPS Maxonline account for many months already and generally no complaint. One difference I notice is that my old router used to use a dynamic IP, but that dosen't work with the new router, and when I try the router's autodetect feature it says Static IP. I tried copying the static IP address, subnet, gateway etc. but that dosen't work either. How do I fix this ?
Connect your PC to the router LAN port(Leave the motorola connectted to the Internet port). Use IE to go to 192.168.0.1. Under network>WAN select connection type to be dynamic IP and click save. Now restart your motorola modem. Can you try to access internet now?
Yes I've tried that and it doesn't work. That's what the quick set up instructions ask me to do. Any other suggestions?