Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded plan but still same speed

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Upgraded plan but still same speed

I recontracted and upgraded from cable 25 Mbps to 50Mbps end last week. Received a new modem so that the increased speed can be used. However, after connecting the new modem, I realised that I was still on the old plan - speedtest gives max speed of 25 Mbps. Did starhub forget to change my account to the new plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Commentator
Solution

Re: Upgraded plan but still same speed

Got a call last night... it took less than 5 minutes to reset the MAC ID. Glad that things are sorted out, but I wonder why it took so long to do something that takes only a few minutes - a long queue of users resetting their IDs?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Sheriff

Hi JK00, I'm also on the 50mb plan, upgraded a long time ago from 25 and prior to that 16, your speed is not only dependent on your plan and modem, it is also dependent on other factors like how fast the sites that you visit allows you to download, your equipment, if you are using Starhub's DPC3925, its sloow. I have experienced speed increases but not tremendous. Doubling your bandwith speed does not translate to an actual 2 fold increase in your download experience.
http://www.starhub.com/homebroadband/typicalspeed.html
Please do not send me enquiries via PM, I may not read them in time to help address your issues
Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Yeah, I know about the typical speeds with regards to everyday surfing, which is why I used speedtest to test at different times, everytime it maxes at 25 Mbps and no more. The modem I received was DCM-712. Anyway I checked http://utilities.starhub.com/ - my plan is still listed as Maxonline Express!

Highlighted
Community Sheriff

Think you need to PM the mods cos Starhub may not have 'switched up' your speed. Also check you bill. Include your details.
Please do not send me enquiries via PM, I may not read them in time to help address your issues
Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Called 1633 already - up till now the MAC ID still has not changed and I'm still on the old plan. Should I write in and escalate to higher level to make things happen?

Highlighted
Community Sheriff

Normally they are quite prompt. Have you pm-ed the staff here? They quite on and will help. Include your MAC address in your details and when you get your bill....check it
Highlighted
Honored Commentator
Solution

Got a call last night... it took less than 5 minutes to reset the MAC ID. Glad that things are sorted out, but I wonder why it took so long to do something that takes only a few minutes - a long queue of users resetting their IDs?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi jk00

Glad to hear that it has been resolved. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.