Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Internet after upgrading 100 to 200mbps

SOLVED
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

No more Internet after upgrading 100 to 200mbps

Hey, I have upgraded today my cable broadband from 100 to 200mbps. 20 minutes after no more Internet with the 100mbps modem (modem not yet changed). Even after installing the new one, no Internet. I have called the support but they told me that everything is OK from their check, and they have to escalade my issue. If possible I would like to go back to the previous plan, I really need Internet at home and can not wait !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Commentator
Solution

Re: No more Internet after upgrading 100 to 200mbps

I got Internet around 6pm yesterday, so 48 hours w/o Internet.

I had to call many times 1633 yesterday afternoon and to insist a lot as Starhub was still looking for a solution with 200mbps instead to activate the 100mbps as agreed with the technician in the morning (who has installed the previous modem and got confirmation from Starhub for activation). I finally spoke to a manager, he has immediately understood the issue and activated the modem for 100mbps within 15 minutes ! Thanks for his understanding of course, but this could have been done on the last Sunday : no Internet for 48 hours, lost day work (Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, and a lot of calls on Tuesday afternoon !).

I would suggest to Starhub to perform rigorous tests on their modems, especially with the common routers, like Airport, Huawei, Cisco (as none is working with the D-link modem) prior to launch the offer.

I do not think that the customer has to modify the settings of its own routers, it has to be plug & play, or Starhub has to properly inform the customers on this incompatibility.

Hope my experience will be usueful.

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi Nicolas, thanks for reaching out to us here.

We've forwarded your Facebook PM to our Support Team for follow up and they'll be in touch. 

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

Thanks, somebody called me at 10am (as I have required it with my second call to Starhub this morning), and as it is still not working I am still awaiting a new call from Starhub to plan the visit of a technician.

It is really urgent ! No Internet since 4pm yesterday.

Any possibility to go back to the previous plan (100 mbps) ?

Esteemed Commentator

I am waiting for a technician this morning b/w 9am and 11am and nobody yet

Esteemed Commentator

The technician came a little bit before 11am, and has confirmed that the cable modem for 200mbps is not compatible with the routers (Apple Airport and Huawei for my installation) and Internet is only working when the Ethernet cable is directly connected to the modem (you have to restart the modem and after only connect the cable, and restart if you change the computer, what is really not convenient at all !). Finally, Starhub has installed the previous modem for 100mbps and I am still waiting the activation : no Internet for 48 hours till now !

Esteemed Commentator
Solution

I got Internet around 6pm yesterday, so 48 hours w/o Internet.

I had to call many times 1633 yesterday afternoon and to insist a lot as Starhub was still looking for a solution with 200mbps instead to activate the 100mbps as agreed with the technician in the morning (who has installed the previous modem and got confirmation from Starhub for activation). I finally spoke to a manager, he has immediately understood the issue and activated the modem for 100mbps within 15 minutes ! Thanks for his understanding of course, but this could have been done on the last Sunday : no Internet for 48 hours, lost day work (Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, and a lot of calls on Tuesday afternoon !).

I would suggest to Starhub to perform rigorous tests on their modems, especially with the common routers, like Airport, Huawei, Cisco (as none is working with the D-link modem) prior to launch the offer.

I do not think that the customer has to modify the settings of its own routers, it has to be plug & play, or Starhub has to properly inform the customers on this incompatibility.

Hope my experience will be usueful.