StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet connection (Cisco modem)

Trusted Commentator

No Internet connection (Cisco modem)

Would like to check is starhub network down or is my modem having problem? I just recontract & was given a free modem. But less than 1 month.. I keep having this problem... Internet connection is like on & off... I can't connect to the Internet/ wifi since yesterday night!
9 REPLIES 9
Home Networking Expert

Re: No Internet connection (Cisco modem)

Did u try using cable connection instead of WiFi?
Trusted Commentator

There is no Internet connection. The front panel of the online icon has no green lights on.
Community Sheriff

Absolutely no lights? Have you checked if your power connections are properly plugged in? Made that mistake once long time ago.
Trusted Commentator

Yes have lights.. The power light is on, other icon lights are blinking too. After awhile all the lights are gone except the power green light is on... Then it will start again... All lights start to blink.. Then gone again...
Administrator

2 Possibilities off hand

1) Broken fibre (Many people are not aware that fibre has a critical angle that if you bend beyond that, it will break the glass fibre inside). Worst of all, you won't be able to tell by looking at the fibre.
2) Faulty equipment

Let us arrange to check for you

Leave us a note at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery with your details

Thanks

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Home Networking Expert

I guess TS posted in maxonline. Got fibre in customer premises?

Trusted Commentator

I just send in

New Commentator

I'm in Upper Thomson / Sin ming road and also having trouble with broadband today.

Seems like technical issues for starhub I think as I've seen people in same area with same problem.. any news from starhub?
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

I still can't connect to the Internet! When i switch on the modem my hp is able to detect the wireless.. But can't connect.. My laptop also can't connect to the local network using cable.. So I wonder is it starhub cut off my net work? Being offer a promotion price.. But it given me alot of problems!!!!!