Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up Wifi Configuration

SOLVED
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Messed up Wifi Configuration

Just went to 192.168.0.1 to do some configuration for my WIFI Network which I had set up before. I have decided to change my WIFI network name and am running WPA2. I do not have much knowledge about this but apparently after changing the name of the network, I entered the exact same password that I had before changing the name and my phone and my computer showed Wrong Password. Is there a way to fix that problem?

Router: DIR-868L with Nucleus Connect Device

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Senior Advisor
Solution

Re: Messed up Wifi Configuration

Use Ethernet Cable (you should have one which comes with the router) and change your wifi settings again.

7 REPLIES 7
Trusted Commentator

On top of that, I don't have an Ethernet Cable
Valued Commentator

Hi guy, no need to go your starhub router to do your dns setting. Just goto your computer control panel click network and share center. Goto right side you can see access type below connection click one. You can see properties click it. Now goto tcpip v4 one click goto properties you can see preferred DNS server add 8.8.8.8 click ok. Then done. Mine can work for this try it
Grand Guru

Hi  All

If you are referring to broadband is down.

No point to do any in the router setting.

I think this is island wide breakdown.

It is fine now, in my case.

You may need to switch off the ONT and Router, and to wait a while longer then switch on both ONT and router.

If it is still not able to connect, repeat, by switch off longer period, then switch on.

As you may have to refresh it on the devices, such as; for: computer - disconnect and re-connect after when the router show green light.

-------------------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Trusted Commentator

I am not referring to the unresponsive DNS server that happened last night. I'm talking about the Password for the Wifi Network being changed and I am unable to figure out what it is. On top of that, the wifi network logged me out of all my devices and I am unable to change the password on the Configuration page (the IP on Default Gateway)
Senior Advisor
Solution

Use Ethernet Cable (you should have one which comes with the router) and change your wifi settings again.

Trusted Commentator

Is it possible that I do a reset on the router? Will I lose the ISP Protocol etc?
Trusted Commentator

Problem solved, bought an Ethernet Cable and fixed it.