Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speed problem

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Internet Speed problem

speed test.png

I upgraded my maxonline premium to Maxonline ultimate last month..today i go to collect my redeem modem (cisco    dpc 9325). After the installation doing speedtest.

As the result on the pic..the maxonline ultimate download is 100Mbps. but i only can get half of the speed and the time being..the speed getting worse and worse.

itz not acceptable, please do something?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Re: Internet Speed problem

Hi Shuin76,

Are you performing the test on wireless or wired connection?

NO..but as u see the result..the speed keep dropping. 

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

No means wired or wireless? If it is wireless, it may be because of the radio congestion

After readed the thread of the user on this cisco modem. All complaint abt this model have wireless issue and keep D/C, signal strength weak. 

why starhub will release such a problematic device? and i search for the starhub shop for the modem. This cisco device is the only 1 that can support my speed. like have no choice to pick it. unless sign up the fibre plan. 

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

I can suggest you to get another router and bridge it.

starhub is already very good to you.

while there assured speed is 20mbps.

I have never gotten anywhere need. i have to count my blessings when my speed is 200kb/s.

90% of the time my connection is below 40kb/s.

Perhaps the word is [up to] 20mbps. so it is very much acceptable to starhub.

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

If you are using cisco integrated wireless modem try doing the speedtest over a wired connection. The speed will be much better (It is somewhere near the promised speed). The cisco wireless is having poor performance. Even if you upgrade to fiber the device you are going to get is also having really poor WiFi performance. In either case you will have to get a better router to have a good WiFi performance. Too bad now a days all starhub devices are having poor WiFi performance. I remember few years ago Starhub giving good performance WRTG routers from linksys. I guess now their policy is "We are an ISP and not a WiFi provider. So poor WiFi is ok as long as internet speed is good on wired". But for us customers our expectations are different.

Highlighted
Valued Advocate

Actually starhub promise the speed is based on wired connection. You can't expect the wireless to perform the same speed as the wired connection.

There are many interference that contribute to the quality of the wireless. This can be walls blocking, furniture blocking, wrieless phone etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above contain my personal opinions.