GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the default Wifi Channel on a DPC3925?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

How to change the default Wifi Channel on a DPC3925?

Hi

Anyone knows how to access the advanced setting of a CISCO DPC2925? I want to change the default Wifi channel overcrowded in my neighborhood

Thanks!

Everyone's Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Customer Service
Solution

Re: How to change the default Wifi Channel on a DPC3925?

Hi Gautier

Go to your admin router page.

Go to wireless tab, then basic settings.
Set your wireless configuration to Manual.

From there, there is a drop down list under standard channel for you to choose the different channels.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Customer Service
Solution

Hi Gautier

Go to your admin router page.

Go to wireless tab, then basic settings.
Set your wireless configuration to Manual.

From there, there is a drop down list under standard channel for you to choose the different channels.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks Desmond!

Should I say "obvious"? Robot Embarassed or is CISCO should be embarrased?Smiley Tongue

Any idea how to access routing, statistics, SNMP, VLAN, NAT, provider authentication (so I can bypass this simplistic router) etc... so the normal parameters on a standard router? No USB port on the Starhub model but one on the offical CISCO Smiley Sad

Thanks 

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

Don't try change channel, change whatever settings and waste your time . You won't get a ferrari performance from a QQ. Just buy a good router, set the cisco to bridge mode to use it as a modem and problem solved.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks rsn

I have indeed a TP-Link TL-WR941ND flashed with DDWRT and installed with Astrill VPN Smiley Happy but if I am right, in order to correctly configure it using the DPC3925 in bridge mode I need to access the provider authentication screen of the DPC3925 and configure my TP-Link with pppoe authentication. But I am not much familiar with cable modem and I am not sure if the network authentication is perfored by username and password or by modem ID.

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

Starhub is using the MAC ID of modem and not PPOE. Just go to your cisco admin page, switch off wifi, set operating mode to Bridge mode. After that connect LAN port of cisco to the internet port of TPLink. Configure it to get auto get IP from provider. Your TP-Link will get IP directly from Starhub while the cisco will just act as a modem.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks, easy, I will try this tomorrow, this modified CISCO router is a pity.