GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! How do I do port forwarding on DPC3925 for the applications on Synology DS713+?

Respected Commentator

Help! How do I do port forwarding on DPC3925 for the applications on Synology DS713+?

Hi,

I am trying to setup the port forwarding in DPC3925 for my Synology DS713+ NAS.  I can not do this from the self-setup wizard that comes with DS713+.  Searched the web and could not find any useful information.  Please help if anyone know how to do that.

Thanks a million!!!

Saba

Everyone's Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Hub Master

Re: Help! How do I do port forwarding on DPC3925 for the applications on Synology DS713+?

The porting forward is to be done on your DPC3925.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Re: Help! How do I do port forwarding on DPC3925 for the applications on Synology DS713+?

Dear KaiBoon,

That is what I said in my original post,   "I am trying to setup the port forwarding in DPC3925 for my Synology DS713+ NAS."  

Synology came with a wizard program to set the port forwarding on the router but it does not work for DPC3925.  Hence, I am asking if there is anyone who know how to set up port forwarding on DPC3925 and in particular for Synology's application.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Wayne Lo

Hub Master

Have you tried DMZ and set your IP address there?
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

No, I do not know how to do that. Please explain how to do that.

Thanks
Hub Master

Here you go.

- Connect to the network using Ethernet cable from the computer to the modem.
- Open your web browser and enter 192.168.0.1
- Enter <admin> for the user name and <password> for the password, and click Log in
- Click Wireless > Basic Settings > Disable Wireless Network
- Click Applications & Gaming > DMZ > Click Enable
- Enter your IP address
- Click Save Settings and wait 5 minutes for the modem to be rebooted.
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

For this step:

- Enter your IP address

You are referring to the IP address of the Synology NAS right?

With this steps, then I do not need to do portforwarding again?

Thanks

Hub Master

Yup. You are right.

DMZ will open all ports. So you won't have to do port forwarding for it.
Home is where the ♥ is
New Commentator

Hi everyone,

I am also using Cisco DPC3925.

I have tried doing port forwarding for port 80 and 443 or setting up DMZ for my server (not both at the same time)

However whenever I try to connect to my server using the public ip, my Chrome always return

This site can’t be reached

59.189.207.189 took too long to respond.

Not behind another router

I have check the ipv4 address in the router, it is exactly the same with the ip address suggested by Google. Which imply that the router is not behind another router?

Server accessible via local ip

My server is accessible via other devices connected to the same network via 192.168.0.x

SPI Firewall set to low or disabled

Changing these settings doesn't work too.

Miscellaneous

• I have a IPv6 address when I lookup "my ip" on Google. However I was trying to connect my server via an IPv4 address.
  • I have tried restarting the router after changing these settings.

Previously successful case

I was able to do port forwarding on a Starhub 1Gbps Fibre connection last time.

I am currently on a Starhub MaxOnline connection (I can't do port forwarding now).

Need help

What could be causing this problem? What shound I do?