GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Connecting Cisco DCP3925 to TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Router (Model No. TL-WR841N)

Trusted Commentator

HELP: Connecting Cisco DCP3925 to TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Router (Model No. TL-WR841N)

Hello,

I am subscriber of Cable 100MBps with Cisco DCP3925. As the wireless is pretty weak due to wall, I would like to connect the Cisco DCP3925 to my router, TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Router (Model No. TL-WR841N) to resolve the issue.

However, I found that when I connect the Cisco modem to the TP-LINK router, the TP-LINK router didn't receive any signal from the Cisco modem (self-assigned IP was shown). The issue was still the same even if I changed the Cisco modem to bridged mode. I guess I might have missed something.

I would like to seek help for setting up the connection between the two devices. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager

Re: HELP: Connecting Cisco DCP3925 to TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Router (Model No. TL-WR841N)

Trusted Commentator

Re: HELP: Connecting Cisco DCP3925 to TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Router (Model No. TL-WR841N)

Thanks simonN
Trusted Commentator

Hi simonN, thanks for your kind help. However the procedures in the thread doesn't work. I wonder if there is other way to solve this...

Home Networking Expert

You managed to change the Cisco to bridge mode and turn off WiFi ? After that you only connect tp link Internet port to cisco LAN port. 

Trusted Commentator

Yes,

1. Change the Cisco to bridge mode

2. Turn off WiFi  

3. Connect the TP Link router to Cisco LAN port

However it didn't work Smiley Sad

Home Networking Expert

Is there any other devices other than TP Link connected to the Cisco? What is the problem you having?
Trusted Commentator

No, I don't have other devices connected to the Cisco.

Trusted Commentator

Screen shot 2015-01-31 at 10.30.36 AM.jpgIMG_0412.JPG

I am not sure if these photos are helpful. These are the setting I have done.

Home Networking Expert

If you connct your laptop directly to the cisco what IP address range are you getting 192.xx.xx.xx?