cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCM712 Connecting to Linksys WG54

Ruk
Honored Commentator

DCM712 Connecting to Linksys WG54

I was on the old 50 MBPS cable modem plan with a Motorola Surf cable modem connecting to a Linksys WG54 wireless router

Now starhub upgrades me to the 100 MBPS plan and gave me a new D-Link DCM712 modem. When I connect the DCM712 to the WG54, I cannot get the internet to work

If i connect direct from my computer to the DCM 712 it works. If i plug back the old Motorola it works too

Anyone has any ideas on how to configure it to work?

11 REPLIES 11
Ruk
Honored Commentator

Re: DCM712 Connecting to Linksys WG54

I was on the old 50 MBPS cable modem with a Motorola Surf cable modem connecting to a Linksys WG54 wireless router

Now starhub upgrades me to the 100 MBPS plan and gave me a new D-Link DCM712 modem. When I connect the DCM712 to the WG54, I cannot get the internet to work

If i connect direct from my computer to the DCM 712 it works. If i plug back the old Motorola it works too

Anyone has any ideas on how to configure it to work?

Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Ruk, it sounds like your broadband service has not been configured to your new modem yet.

Let us know the new cable modem's number with your account details, contact number and e-mail via PM and we will get this sorted.

If you are not sure what the serial number of the modem is, take a photo of the sticker with the serial numbers on the box and we will take it from there. Smiley Happy

- Amy

- Amy
Ruk
Honored Commentator

Hi Amy

Thanks for the reply

If i connect my PC direct to the cable modem, I can surf the web

I just cannot get the internet working if I connect the cable modem to my linkys wireless router

Do you need to enable it for me to connect to linksys wireless router?
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Ruk

If you want to move your cable modem to your new modem DCM 712, do update us via PM as we requested and we will process the update.

With regard to your Linksys router, you can contact them at http://bit.ly/2kYOfJm for more information on how to configure the settings for your router. 

- Amy

- Amy
Ruk
Honored Commentator

Hi Amy

I just want to clarify. If I connect up my new modem to the Starhub cable point and connect it to my PC and I can surf the internet, do I still need you to update ?

Regards

Community Relationship Manager

Hi Ruk, no worries, let us help. Please send me a private message with your StarHub Account Number, contact number, email and NRIC, we'll get our technical team to look at the whole configuration. -Jolene 

Grand Guru

Hi  @Ruk

As far as i know in my previous cable broadband.

There is this modem that have a MAC id, located below or behind the modem.

As i did encountered an issue in connection.

The technician request for my MAC iD of the modem.

Thereafter, i did not have any issue on connection.

It is most probably you may have to include the MAC iD of the new modem.

And to request them to change at their end.

Anyway, you will not be using the old modem.

This may resolve your internet issue if you connect thru the existing router.

----------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Ruk
Honored Commentator

I have not gotten any call from any Starhub Technical support after providing the requested info

Are they still looking at it ?

Grand Guru

Just call to the technical dept thru the HOTline 1633  select Technical &or Broadband matter.

They can handle it with immediate effect.

Do contact during office hours, (except lunch hours, peak).

Last time i did was contact directly to the technician and done immediately.

Do prepare to take note on the MAC ID of the modem you wish to connect.

(I am not sure if they still required it as it was several years ago.)

Most probably you are on the waiting list, as there are many others also on waiting list.