Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant connection drop

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Constant connection drop

modem model : Motorola SB4100

router model : Linksys wrt120

so i have been facing this irritating problem like 3 days ago tried almost everything still having this problem and the network diagnostic tells me i got a not responding dns server so i used the google dns server 8.8.8.8/8.8.8.6 kinda solve the problem for dns server but still facing constant connection drop once every 30minute or so.

anyone facing this problem as well?

anyway i have submitted a query @ starhub page in FB ~~

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Constant connection drop

well the customer service replied :/ and it aint very helpful to my situation :/

anyway update: the connection drop only occur in the afternoon and night not in the morning :/

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

restarting of modem/router does no good :/

wired/wireless/direct connection/connection with router still result in connection drop

same result with another laptop

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Check if you are facing the same problem on all your wireless devices. If it is.. do a direct contact on to the router (computer wired to the router) if still your having the same issue.. check the connection coming from the Motorola modem (bypass the router connect computer wired to the modem) if  your still experiencing the unstable connetion contact Starhub for help,.. if not contact your router manufacturer and check if there is a firmware update that help rectifies the unstable connection that you have...

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

done all those ~~ now waiting for strhub  to get back to me

Highlighted
Administrator

Wow your modem is pretty old
I won't rule out hardware faults

If you are not under contract, why not consider fibre?
We've lowered the prices and it is currently quite cheap
Is your house fibre ready?

No worries, we will still help you to check your connection first while you consider this option

Let @KaiBoon know via private message if your issue persists

Thanks

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

you guys keep telling me the engineer check and there is no issue.. BUT i apparantly have an issue since the connection keep dropping :/

and also prior from the "advices" given by your customer support i have already did the test myself. if your customer support COULD READ THROUGH MY POST and stop advising me on action that i have taken. its irritating.

the connection problem is getting really from bad to worst :/

** updates on the dc issue**

i tried changing my Lan wire but still the same issue

Highlighted
Hub Master

I will get my engineers to check again.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is