cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Disconnect Problems

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Constant Disconnect Problems

Have to restart my modem and router every 30min or so.  Started recently - wondering if router is going bad.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Sheriff

Re: Constant Disconnect Problems

Hi CRS, would be helpful if you stated the make of your equipment, ie, router brand connected to? Have you tried a direct cable (RJ45) from your modem to your equipment? Try doing this and bypassing your router.
Please do not send me enquiries via PM, I may not read them in time to help address your issues
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

My router is the one supplied by StarHub - a DLINK model DIR-615.  Hardware version B2 and Firmware 2.24SH.

I have bypassed the router and if plugged in directly to the model do not have issues.  However, that isnt a long term viable options since I have devices to connect and the location of the model is not convienient.

Highlighted
Windows™ Phone Expert

Can you try resetting your router to factory settings?

It's also worth noting that the latest firmware for your router is 2.25.
-----
Windows Developer | @ReignOfComputer
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

My firmware seems out of date - how can I update it?

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

I updated the firmware and reset to factory settings but it still hasnt fixed the issue.  I still get constant disconnects.

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

Is your Wifi getting disconnectted or your router getting disconnectted from the modem? If it is router getting disconnectted from modem most probably is a faulty router since you already tried bypassing. D-Link has a RMA center at funan and service center at Jurong. You can do a one to one exchange there. Do call them @ 65014200 to check stock. If is Wifi problem let me tell you this router is not having a good wifi performance. So you exchange few times then you will give up ( I was given this router by starhub also. Exchanged two times. After a while poor Wifi performance. So got a TP-Link myself. Performance also ok).

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

If you want, you can try flashing custom firmwares like dd-wrt. They usually give better performance to the router.

I advise not to try dd-wrt on DIR-615. Hardware is not powerful enuff. I have tried and the performance is worse than stock.

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

For everyone - decided to just cancel my Starhub internet and go with MyRepublic.  Been months of restarts or download speeds less then 1.5Mbps when paying for an expense plan for 100mbps.  Speed test on the Starhub site is also fraudulent - ran multiple other speeds tests (8 different ones actually) showing 1.5-1.75Mbps on average then ran Starhubs own 'international speed test' on their site - of no surprise it said 65Mbps!!!!