cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco modem DPC3925 keep rebooting

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Cisco modem DPC3925 keep rebooting

My Cisco modem DPC3925 keeps rebooting by itself. I have already went down to customer service center and they replace mine with another one of same model. Now it keeps happening again just one day after they gave me a replacement! Any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Cisco modem DPC3925 keep rebooting

Hi Will87

Please write in to http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery , our team will assist you further on this.
Highlighted
Hub Master

Are you using a splitter or your modem is connected directly to the cable point?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Hi KaiBoon,

I have managed to figure out what went wrong. My flat has 3 cable points, each point in each individual room. It seems like the point in my bedroom is faulty. I have tried connecting it to the point in another room and it no longer has the rebooting issue. The only problem now is that I have to use wifi instead of direct LAN cable which makes my latency quite high. If I want starhub technician to come down and check on the cable point in my room, is there any charges?

Highlighted
Hub Master

@Will87

Can you drop me a Private Message with your details? Thanks.
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My Cisco router DPC3925 keeps rebooting at least once every hour. How to solve. It is using brdige mode since the peformance is too low as stand alone. I also use a splitter since I don't want to have the cable mess in other room and want the router in living room for best performance. I always used a splitter previous with SH in 2010 and also in other countries and never experienced issues so I may assume that it is not related to this either. Should have been tested by SH and Cisco.

Only if you know how to slove the issue reply. I know many have similar experiences so I  may assume SH has a solution by now. Else why still selling..

As you read from my 'tone of voice' I am in the stage of getting frustrated and to throw it from the balcony..

Highlighted
Hub Master

If you connect the modem directly to the cable point (bypass splitter), do you still encounter disconnections?
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have not tried yet but that is not really an option. I need to use a splitter which normally should be no problem. Or are you telling that this Cisco router cann't handle it?
Highlighted
Hub Master

Splitters are subjected to wear and tear, which might result in poor signal and in turn issues like slow download speed or disconnections.
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
New Commentator

my modem DPC3925 reboots frequently. ive tried to change the setting on the ip address but it still remains the same. it is very disappointing especially when im gaming on my xbox one. someone plese help me