cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco RE1000 Range extender cannot work with Starhub DPC3925

DC
New Commentator

Cisco RE1000 Range extender cannot work with Starhub DPC3925

I have no WIFI coverage at the second floor using Starhub DPC3925. Went to bought a CISCO Range Extender RE1000 and since both are CISCO brand products. 

Just realize that the firmware of DPC3925 is an old version and cannot work with RE1000.

Anyone facing the same problem? Any suggestions how can I improve my coverage at the second floor?

Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21
Hub Master

Re: Cisco RE1000 Range extender cannot work with Starhub DPC3925

Hey DC

I would recommend installation of data points at your premises and connecting the computers or a router to it.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Senior Contributor

Hi Kai Boon,

Can you help me by answering my question on my latest post regarding maxonline cable broadband.

Thanks

Senior Commentator

I have the same problem with my RE1000. It fails to connect to my StarHub DPC3925. As a StarHub customer paying for your service I don't believe your answer to run data cables is very useful.

I have heard that the firmware in your StarHub modems does not allow for range extenders.

Please confiirm how your customers can use a WiFi range extender with your equipment. 

Thank you.

Hub Master

Hi Iain_Martin

I believe that Cisco will be in a better position to help you on the range extender.

We do not recommend using range extender as wireless connectivity is affected by various factors.

1. The distance from the wireless base station/access point;
2. Number of users surfing at the same time at each wireless access point;
3. Performance of the Wireless Network Interface Card (NIC) used; and
4. Physical obstructions (iae. walls etc) between user and wireless access point.

Home is where the ♥ is
Senior Commentator

I have already spent hours on the phone to Cisco support. They took me through all settings For my RE1000. They advised the problem must lay with the way StarHub have the modems they supply configured. 

I realise you make a recommendation not to use extenders but you have not answered my question. Are your supplied modems configured to block the use of range extenders?

If they are what settings must I change on the StarHub modem?

A clear and straight answer to a simple question would be appreciated. 

Hub Master

Hey Iain_Martin

Please leave your contact details @ http://bit.ly/StarHubCares. Let us check on your issue and advise you further.

Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Wi-Fi Range extender cannot work with Starhub DPC3925

Hi

I have just upgraded my internet and phone today and received the new DPC3925 whilst doing so.  I have connected to the internet with no issues at all.  However I am also trying to extend with Wi-Fi extenders and I am struggling.  Having looked at some historical posts here it is seems to imply that the use of Extenders is blocked by Starhub on this router.  Can someone please help me here as I need the Extenders and adding additional data points is not an option.

Hub Master

Re: Wi-Fi Range extender cannot work with Starhub DPC3925

What is the brand and model of your WiFi extender?
Home is where the ♥ is
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Wi-Fi Range extender cannot work with Starhub DPC3925

I have two, neither work.  One is a Netgear Universal WiFi Range Extender, Wn3000RP.  The other is Versus, Wireless 11n WiFi repeater, no obvious model number but maybe VSWIFI-R.