Cisco Modem DPC 3925 connects/disconnect intermittently

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Cisco Modem DPC 3925 connects/disconnect intermittently

change the DNS server setting.

Highlighted
Hub Master

Please ?drop me a PM to allow me to assist you further. Thanks.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Hi,

I moved to this new modem last month and the reason was to get a faster internet speed. HOwever ever since i have moved to this modem my internet speed has become extremely slower. Much slower than before. Additionally i get a very poor signal in other rooms.

I am extremely disappointed. I have tried calling the starhub guys and done everything they suggested but nothing helped. Have been trying to call the no: 64885171 but i get a message that 'we are closed for the day' even though the business hour closes at 6p.m.

I completely fed up.

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hi there

Are you facing any issue on wired connection?
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

On the wifi

Highlighted
Hub Master

Have you tried wired? Is it working fine on wired?
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I have had this modem for more than 18 months and can safely say that it is a piece of crap. I supposedly upgraded to this new integrated modem wifi but have had problems from day one.

I eventually installed a separate wifi router and used the Cisco DPC 3925 only as a modem. There were some problems as there is apparently some steps that need to be taken to configure the modem and wifi and these was sorted out for me ny the Starhub tech that came when I complained.

BTW, the tech also informed me that they have had numerous complaints from amy customers but it seems like they are just ignoring customers feedback. Likely they signed a long term supply agreement which they are unable to back out of so we the suckers.. sorry, customers are left holding this baby.

On top of getting a carppy piece of hardware that does not work as promised, we have to spend additiomal money to get a separate wifi router to do the job properly.

Problem is that other telcos are not so much better so we are stuck with substandard service but still pay premium prices

Just my 2 cents worth

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I have had this modem for more than 18 months and can safely say that it is a piece of crap. I supposedly upgraded to this new integrated modem wifi but have had problems from day one.

I eventually installed a separate wifi router and used the Cisco DPC 3925 only as a modem. There were some problems as there is apparently some steps that need to be taken to configure the modem and wifi and these was sorted out for me ny the Starhub tech that came when I complained.

BTW, the tech also informed me that they have had numerous complaints from amy customers but it seems like they are just ignoring customers feedback. Likely they signed a long term supply agreement which they are unable to back out of so we the suckers.. sorry, customers are left holding this baby.

On top of getting a carppy piece of hardware that does not work as promised, we have to spend additiomal money to get a separate wifi router to do the job properly.

Problem is that other telcos are not so much better so we are stuck with substandard service but still pay premium prices

Just my 2 cents worth

Everyone's Tags (1)
Senior Commentator

Cisco Modem DPC 3925 connects/disconnect intermittently

Just my 2 cents worth

Everyone's Tags (1)
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Same for me they even replace the HW. Issue still persist, even look worse actually. 

If I was SH I woudl kick out these Cisco routers and purchase some proper equipment. Anyhow I demand from sales they change my contract to Fiber. Hopefully that works better. At least you shoudl also have 100MB/s up and down load, not only 100 download and 20 upload as with Cable (if it works).