cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Modem DPC 3925 connects/disconnect intermittently

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Cisco Modem DPC 3925 connects/disconnect intermittently

My cable modem is still disconnecting 2~3 times every night, solved by powering off and on every time. During the day, it's mostly stable.

This morning, I've had to restart the modem like 5 times. It kept disconnecting every few minutes.

It's terrible, period. I am just checking this discussion group to see if anyone has found a more permanent solution. I just don't want to waste time and money getting a replacement modem, just to see the same disconnections happening again.

And, if this is Starhub's secret ploy to get people to switch to fibre instead, then I better not waste the effort getting another cable modem.

Highlighted
Grand Guru

@kazsoft

As someone has provide you an alternate solution.

As you read are complaints, beside many others had their own solution and move on.

Also reading this thread from the beginning, there seems to some did had somewhat resolved their problems.

For item concern, there would had been tested before, and may be suitable to many others, but not all.

But due to someone just like to t***** here, nothing more i can say...(others may just avoid this thread)..

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No offence but this is a well known issue that has been going on for years. DPC3925 and Starhub simply doesn't play well with each other. This problem cannot be resolved by the end user. It has to be resolved by Starhub so there really is no point trying to troubleshoot the issue. The permanent fix would probably require a firmware update but the firmware is locked by Starhub and Starhub cannot be bothered to update it. The only temporary fix that the end user can do is to restart it every other day.

To put it simply

Starhub + DPC 3925 = PROBLEM

So if anyone wants to really fix this there is only 2 solutions.

1. Remove DPC3925

2. Remove Starhub

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi,

I am having the same problem pf intermittent signal. Can Starhub assist???

Thanks.
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

HI Fizal, 

Can you describe more regarding the issue you are currently facing ? 

In the meantime, this is a helpful knowledge article that may be useful to you :

What should I do when I keep getting disconnected from my home WIFI?

Thank You

Senior Commentator

Dear Mr Ng,

Since i got this modem, family members got problem in connecting.

An example, my iphone is connected to my home wifi and i browse my facebook. After a few pages, my facebook stalled and there's a sign connecting. I then switched off my wifi and connected to my data 4g and it works fine. I tried switching off and then on but the problem persists.

I only wanted Starhub to test my modem and see if it really have no problem so that i can check my cables.

By the way, when i smell the modem, it smelt burn of elctronics.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi Fizal, 

I see where you are coming from.

Would it be alright for you to PM me your account details so that we can escalate to the relevant team to assist you regarding your issue. 

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

Thank You.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have been getting random disconnections daily, and today it's getting a lot worse.

And reading this forum has convinced me it's just a faulty modem that Starhub has been handing out to customers like me, I think it's about time to put a stop to it.

I am taking the cable modem to Plaza Sing to see what they have to say. Yes, it will be a wasted day waiting at the long queue, but at least there will be someone at the other end that I can vent my anger at.
I am just convinced Starhub is trying to force everyone onto fibre, so there is little incentive to fix this cable modem problem. When people can't take it any more, like me, they will move to fibre.

Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 10.48.00 AM.png

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OK, I've had enough of this nonsense.
At the Plaza Sing, the lady says they can only exchange the SAME modem, which isn't a solution.
So, sign up for fibre.

So, satisfied ? Make the system faulty so you can force people to use another plan.
Not impressed.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

just call them. they'll send the troopers to ypur house. If they can't be bothered to fix it, you are better off with another isp. we as customers really should stop condoning such actions from starhub.