GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco DPC 3925 : how to connect to Fiber Modem?

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

Re: Cisco DPC 3925 : how to connect to Fiber Modem?

The one you having is an ONT. So you asked starhub for direct ONT? If this is the case you won't have a residential gateway and you will need a wireless router in this case. You cannot use the cisco modem as a router and connect to ONT.

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Is it possible to use the cisco wireless.modem one of the portand configure for it to work like a switch?
Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

It is possible to use it as a switch. But now you don't have a residential gateway or a router with a WAN port. You asked starhub for direct ONT is it because if not starhub would have given you a residential gateway?

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

it's my MIL's house setup long ago. I only see what there is so I can make use of this modem. 

Anyway thank for your assistance

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hi all

Even though DPC3925 has the functionality of a router, it doesn't has a WAN port for it to be connected to the ONT.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
New Commentator

Highlighted
Valued Advisor

Pardon me if I am wrong, based on my knowledge you will not be able to do any bridging to DPC3925 whether should it be on your residential home gateway or your own personal router as it doesn't have the capablity. 

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

You won't be able to do bridging. But you still can use it as an access point ( Means RG LAN goes to Cisco LAN). It will just act as a wireless access point whereby your DHCP and the WAN comms will be controlled by your RG.

Highlighted
Valued Advisor

Well that will be something new to me, based on understand it wouldn't be working even as an access point. As it's a cable and router inbuild equipment. Thanks for sharing anyone, will test it when possible Smiley Happy