GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad internet connection ("Connection to server was reset", "No data received" errors)

Valued Commentator

Bad internet connection ("Connection to server was reset", "No data received" errors)

Hi.

For the last few days my internet connection quality has significantly worsened. I am having a lot of difficulties accessing websites such as Twitter, Facebook or Google. My browsers report errors "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." (Firefox) or "No data received. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" (Chrome). This problem seems to randomly come and go, sometimes I get an hour of good connection, and then two hours of bad. During these periods I also see a significant increase in ping timeouts ("Request timeout for icmp_seq ..."). I am having this problem on all connected devices at home (Mac and Windows laptops and a few phones).

I am on MaxOnline plan with D-Link 604 router, connected via Wi-Fi. I have tried playing with some settings of the router, but to no success. Rebooting it also does not help. I have tried connecting to the router directly via cable, and it looks like it solves the problem (not sure though, might be just luck).

I have read on this forum that D-Link routers are known for having bad Wi-Fi performance. Is it possible that my router gone bad? Should I go to a service center and exchange it for another one? Will it help? Can I change D-Link to a router of another brand?

3 REPLIES 3
Hub Master

Re: Bad internet connection ("Connection to server was reset", "No data received"

Do you have another router that you can do bridge mode?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

Re: Bad internet connection ("Connection to server was reset", "No data received&quot

No, I don't
Highlighted
Hub Master

Re: Bad internet connection ("Connection to server was reset", "No data received&

Please try doing a hard reset on your DCM604 and re-configure the wireless settings. This might help.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is