Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100Mbps with Anytime TV

Highlighted
Honored Commentator

100Mbps with Anytime TV

Hi,

I have just signed up for the 1000Mbps cable broadband with Anytime TV, among others.

I plugged it in as per instruction:

- From cable point to Cable In of the HubStation

- Composite to TV

- Ethernet connection to Cisco modem/router

However, nothing's coming out of the tv, nothing on the internet connection too. I've tried direct cable point connection to the modem router and I'm able to connect to the internet.

May I know if there's something wrong with my connections?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Hub Master

Re: 100Mbps with Anytime TV

Hi Jv

What is the LED status of the HubStation and modem?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Hi Kai Boon

Only the following is lit up:

- power

- DS (blinking)

- LAN 1

- Wireless link

I referred to the User Guide that came with the HubStation, and looked at the Option 7 of how to set up a connection. I thought this is the most appropriate set up for me (or close) as the illustration shows what I received in the package: Hubstation, (modem)/wireless router, cables, etc.

What baffles me is the fact that the user guide didn't really help at all. Either:

1) User Guide of Hubstation is outdated, or

2) What I've got is the wrong package

I was able to get in touch with a tech support, and told me that (option 7) was the wrong setup, with Cisco DPC 3925 being a modem/router, with the ethernet connection as indicated in the Option 7 not applicable in this case. I'm supposed to use a cable splitter instead.

Basically, my issue is that my subscription is a cable broadband with Anytime TV, but with the package I receive I can only enjoy either one, since I only have one cable point. Unless I use a splitter, which isn't included in the package.

For the sake of others who might have same situation as mine, can you please clarify:

1) Why isn't there a splitter in the MOL with Anytime TV package

2) Is the Cisco DPC 3925 modem/router not able to function ONLY as a wireless router (as per the example of option 7) so we just use the Hubstation as a modem connected to the "wireless router" via ethernet?

That's all for now. Thank you.

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hi Jv

Splitter is normally not included in the package.

As for Cisco DPC3925, the main functionality is a modem with wireless capability as add-on features.

Please drop me your details via PM to allow me to troubleshoot your issues further.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is