GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StarHub MaxInfinity (Technical)

Administrator
  1. What is a typical wireless setup for the NGNBN service?
    You will need to connect the ONT to the TP. The Wireless Home Gateway (HG) is then connected to one of the ports on the ONT. Because the Wireless HG enables home networking, you can then connect wifi enabled devices in your home to the Wireless HG.
  2. Will my MaxOnline speed improve with Next Gen NBN cabling?
    The NGNBN service is provisioned on a separate access network operated by OpenNet and Nucleus Connect. Thus, it will not interfere with your existing MaxOnline service.
  3. What are the major differences between a Cable and Fibre Network?
    MaxOnline is transmitted over Hybrid Fibre-Coaxial network that provides Fibre-to-the Node (FTTN). The fibre connection terminates at the node which is located less than 1km away from the home. The coaxial cable wiring continues the connection from the node into the home.

MaxInfinity is transmitted over Next Gen NBN that provides Fibre-to-the-home (FTTH). The fibre connection terminates within the home.

Though the transmission of data network and fibre network is different, data transmission speed between FTTH and FTTN is less than one nanosecond. MaxInfinity is recommended for users who perform multiple bandwidth intensive applications that require high upload speeds.
  1. Do I need to buy additional equipment to use the Next Gen NBN service?
    You will need the Termination Point (TP) and Optical Network Terminal (ONT), installed by OpenNet and Nucleus Connect respectively. StarHub recommends that you use a Wireless Home Gateway (HG)) that supports home networking and other services like DVH.
  2. What is a Home Gateway (HG) and what benefits does a wireless HG gives?
    The wireless HG is an all-in-one device that supports data, voice and wireless home networking, so that saves you from having to buy multiple devices and there are no messy cables. It comes with parental control features so that you can block access to specific undesirable websites, a firewall that protects you from hackers and automatic software upgrade.

More importantly, it enables a certain level of QoS for your DVH service so as to ensure the quality of the calls and also enables future services to be added later.

Only one port is activated with a Next Gen NBN access plan. The rest of the ports are not activated. If you want to share the Internet connection with multiple devices, you can connect a wireless RG to the ONT and use it as a wireless router.
  3. Why can't I use the rest of the ports on the ONT?
    Only one port is activated with a MaxInfinity access plan. The rest of the ports are not activated. If you want to share the Internet connection with multiple devices, you can connect a wireless HG to the ONT and use it as a wireless router.
  4. Can I purchase any retail wireless HG to use on your Next Gen NBN service?
    No. StarHub only supports HGs that are type approved and purchased from us. All other HG models are not supported.
  5. Can I bring my HG to use in my friend’s house? Will my friend’s service change with the move?
    Moving your HG to your friend’s house does not work because the service is provisioned to your specific address on the ONT port. If you need to change your service, please contact our customer service at 1633 to make the necessary arrangements. Modification charge, activation charge and installation fee apply.

For customers who have disconnected their wireless HG and will like to reuse it, please also contact our customer service at 1633 for assistance. The same process and charges apply.

For customers who have disconnected their wireless RG and will like to reuse it, please also contact our customer service at 1633 for assistance. The same process and charges apply.
  6. Can I control the settings and parameters on the HG?
    For the wireless HG, StarHub manages the traffic and gives priority to services like voice and video. Other home networking parameters can still be modified by you to suit your needs.
  7. If my RG is damaged, can I exchange for a new one?
    HG is a retail device similar to a cable modem. It is owned by you and has a warranty provided by the manufacturer. If your wireless HG has hardware related issues, please contact the device manufacturer directly.
  8. I already have a wireless router for my home networking. Why do I still need to buy the wireless HG for the MaxInfinity service?
    The wireless HG that has been type approved by StarHub has the most suitable specifications to deliver our services. We provide traffic management and service priority for more critical services like voice and video. This is required to enhance your experience with us.
  9. If I have a type approved wireless HG from a friend, can I use it for my MaxInfinity service?
    Yes. Please call our sales hotline at 1630 for new sign up or customer service hotline at 1633 to modify your service. We will need your wireless HG MAC address and serial number to provision it under your account. The MAC address can be found by looking at the sticker behind or below the box.
  10. When I first signed up for MaxInfinity, I purchased a wireless HG to use the service. However, it is faulty now. Can I connect my notebook directly to the ONT port?
    No. Since your wireless HG is faulty, it is recommended that you approach the manufacturer if it is still under warranty or purchase a new set from us if it is not. Kindly provide the new wireless HG’s MAC address and serial number to provision it under your account. The MAC address can be found by looking at the sticker behind or below the box.
  11. When I sign up for Next Gen NBN, I did not purchase a wireless HG to use the service. Can I still purchase one and plug it to the ONT?
    Yes. You can purchase a StarHub type approved wireless HG and contact our customer service team to modify your MaxInfinity service to use with the wireless HG. The HG’s MAC address and serial number will be provisioned under your account. The MAC address can be found by looking at the sticker behind or below the box. Modification charge and activation fee apply.
  12. Can I migrate my Digital Voice Home (DVH) service to the Next Gen NBN platfrom?
    We recommend that you leave your existing DVH service on your cable network while your MaxInfinity service is provisioned on the fibre network.
  13. Can I migrate my DVH+ service to Next Gen NBN platform?
    Yes. We recommend that you purchase a wireless HG to enjoy both Broadband and Digital Voice services.
  14. Can I only subscribe to DVH+ on Next Gen NBN platform?
    No. StarHub does not allow standalone DVH/DVH+ service on Next Gen NBN platform. You will need to subscribe to a Next Gen NBN access plan in order to enjoy DVH+ service on Next Gen NBN network. However, you will still be able to subscribe to standalone DVH/DVH+ service via VeCM over cable network or via IAD over any providers' network
----
StarHub Online Shop Purchase your mobile device on StarHub Online Store
StarHub Online Shop Manage your StarHub services, bills, and much more on My StarHub App
Contributors