StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StarHub How-to's: Set up and Secure your Wireless Home Network Using My Smart Home Portal

Administrator

Hello! Welcome to My Smart Home Portal guide. 

Step 1

Go to http://www.starhub.com/mysmarthomeportal

Login by clicking “Hub ID Login” at the top right hand corner. 

Step 2

Upon logging in, the following page will be displayed. To set security password to protect your wireless network, please click on “Wireless Settings”  

Step 3

Click
 on 
“ON” 
to
 turn
 on
 the
 wireless
n etwork.

Step 4

If 
you 
prefer
 to 
hide 
the
 network 
from
 users 
outside
 your 
home 
network, 
Click
“Hide”

Step 5

Enter your Network Name

Step 6

Enter your preferred Password. Your Password must consist of 8 and more alphanumeric characters.

Complete for clicking “Submit” button.

Step 7

To delete or change the password, replace the existing password with a new one and click submit. (Repeat step 6)

Step 8

For MAC Filtering settings, please click on “Filtering”

Step 9

You will be able to see a  list of device names under  “Connected Devices History” 

Step 10

To add new devices to the “Allowed Devices History” list, click on “Add New Device”

Step 11

From your new device, scan for your wireless network name to connect

Step 12

Please ensure that you move all devices which will be connected to the wireless network to the “Allowed Devices” list by clicking on the arrow button.

Upon completion, click “Submit”.

Step 13

Check “Turn on device filtering” and submit. Only selected devices in the “Allowed Devices” list will be able to access the wireless network.

----
StarHub Online Shop Purchase your mobile device on StarHub Online Store!
StarHub Online Shop Check your bills and contract end dates on My Account Manager by using your Hub ID!
Contributors