Save Your Instagram Video In Your Smartphone Without Uploading
- Capturing video requires you to press and hold on to the recording button, much like the "press-to-talk" walkie-talkie style.
- You can capture several clips to form a 15-second video.
- You can delete the previous clip you recorded without starting all over again.
- You can apply effects and watch the effects preview on-the-fly.
- Even if you press "Back" to exit the recording function, your clips are retained next time you return to the recording mode - as long as you do not discard the recording. This means you can potentially accumulate your clips over time before posting on Instagram.
What About Photos?
Saving photos are less tricky than videos, at least for Android devices. On Android, once you reach the final upload step, the phone would already have saved your photo. You can safely abort the step and your photo would remain in your Instagram folder. For iPhone users, I guess you would have to use the "Force Failed-Upload" method.
It Works - For Now
I never know whether Instagram will release updates to change the way they cache their videos, but this definitely works for me with Instagram version 4.0.2. Remember to wait for a while before you save the video in your Instagram folder. Never assume it has completed processing the full video.
And if the above method no longer works, please help the community by posting your comments below, so that I can find new ways to save the video and update this post. Cheers!
Chester blogs regularly for StarHub Community and runs his own blog site at musicphotolife.blogspot.com