Maintaining a good contacts database using Google Contacts
Everyone needs a good contacts database. With good house keeping, create and maintain a good contacts database. Best of all, it can be synced with an Android device. Access online via contacts.google.com and no longer fear loss even in the event of a device loss. Suggestions:
- Relationships - Enter relationships so you can put a contact in context
- Dates - Add DOB, anniversaries or other significant dates. It will appear in Google Calendar so you can send them a greeting. Makes you look good :-)
- Custom Field - Create your own custom fields e.g. Chinese characters, favourite food, hobby
- Notes - Record whatever you like
- Category - Make it a point to categorize every contact e.g. Tennis, Alumni, School, Work Place etc. This is useful to help you put the person in context
- Picture - Add a picture to help you remember what they look like
It's worth investing time to get the contact database updated and cleaned up. In the event of the loss of a phone, just a get a new one, synch and you are back in business.
- Phone numbers - Use the correct format e.g. +65 12345678. Tag them correctly i.e. work, mobile etc.
- Addresses - Enter these consistently and tag them correctly i.e. work, home etc.
A useful app to have Contact Lookup Fast via Google Play https://play.google.com/store/ap...
It allows searches across all fields in contacts. Worth every cent :-)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke