Grateful Like-Giver
Hubbernauts

Hubbernauts

• 

152 Messages

• 

8 Points

Wed, Mar 10, 2021 5:31 PM

Linksys WiFi 6 Mesh Router MX4200 - Provides Solution For Poor Home Wifi Coverage

My current 1 Gbps fibre broadband service subscription from an ISP includes 2 Google Wifi mesh routers. 
After setting up the two routers  in my 1600 Sq Ft condo, I discovered there is weak Wi-Fi coverage in my utility area and the master room area, where I carry out HBL session for Republic Polytechnic.

I need a solution to overcome the Wi-Fi coverage problem.

Recently Linksys/Belkin partner with StarHub to launch the 2021 router,  Linksys MX4200, with the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology powered by the Wi-Fi AX standard to replace the Wi-Fi AC standard.

Belkin in supporting StarHub, provided two units of MX4200 for me to evaluate and test in my condo. To test the full Wi-Fi 6 capabilities of the routers, StarHub also provided me with the 2021 Samsung S21 Ultra smartphone with Wifi 6 hardware and Wi-Fi AX standard.

Do watch my video to understand why I am able to use the 2 units of the Linksys MX4200 mesh routers to resolve my Wi-Fi coverage problem.

Let me know if this can be a solution to your home WiFi coverage problem.

Get Linksys MX4200 (Smart WiFi Pro) from StarHub

I am one of StarHub's Golden Gurus and I am here to help the community, especially the senior citizens. However, I am not an employee of StarHub and the content of my posts does not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Responses

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

3 m ago

Hi @Ham_Peng_Kuang, thanks for sharing this. BTW, I'm sorry that I had to move your post out of Ideas Exchange as it is posted in the wrong category/board. I hope you understand. Thanks. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Hubbernauts

• 

152 Messages

• 

8 Points

OK Thanks for your help. 

I am one of StarHub's Golden Gurus and I am here to help the community, especially the senior citizens. However, I am not an employee of StarHub and the content of my posts does not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Hubbernauts

• 

152 Messages

• 

8 Points

See my edited version with new You Tube Video

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

3 m ago

Hi, 

May I know if  this Linksys MX4200 compatible to watch free to air channel via the tv+ box.

40 Messages

• 

33 Points

Nope it is not ......

coolfire

Valued Contributor

• 

14 Messages

• 

2 Points

Yes, I also just found out when I went to plaza singapura to recontract my Homehub+. Quite unfortunate as I was hoping to update my Linksys 7500v2 to the new mx4200. But the customer service told me it isn't compatible for free to air channels

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi all, sad to say, currently it isn't included in our list of compatible routers to access free-to-air channels. But, we highly suggest that you post your feedback on our Ideas Exchange and once the idea gets at least 20 likes we will work to make it happen. Thanks. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started